Trackhawk doing what it's suppose to do

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I imagine it will get faster as it gets broken in. I know the Hellcats are similar.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Impressive, but I think I was expecting more. Yes she's a big heavy girl... But can't get over 119 trap?

Sent from that shiny thing in my hands

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Impressive, but I think I was expecting more. Yes she's a big heavy girl... But can't get over 119 trap?

Sent from that shiny thing in my hands
You already know the answer, Steve. Weight! This big girl weighs 5,363 lbs.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Truck is 5500lb and has a warranty.
Traps 118+.
It's a SUV...
Are some expecting Hellcat challenger/charger times?

It’s a 100k SUV. For a 30k premium over the Cat maybe expecting it to walk one. Not like the potential isn’t there tuned but they softened it up perhaps for longevity.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s a 100k SUV. For a 30k premium over the Cat maybe expecting it to walk one. Not like the potential isn’t there tuned but they softened it up perhaps for longevity.

$86k base. It's around 100k fully loaded. Charger Hellcat starts at 66k.
There's a reason it's 20k more than a charger, and it's due to practicality.
Can tow up to 7k with the Jeep and it has more cargo space than the other two. AWD function is better all season compared to a Challenger/Charger.

BMW X5M/X6M, Porsche and Mercedes performance comparables start at 101k/105k, 161k and 102k respectively. While no one is expecting German level quality in a Jeep, there's a nice upcharge to owning a fast truck.

IIRC these trucks are breaking shit stock. I doubt Jeep wanted to do even more R&D to make the drivetrain even beefier to withstand that type of power through an AWD setup.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member

Jeep has always brought a premium over other Chrysler brands. Just look at the SRT line.

Starting price for Charge SRT: $51,xxx
Starting price for Grand Cherokee SRT: $67,xxx

Price isn't relative to performance.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
86k base yes but who doesn’t want the pano roof, performance audio, laguna leather, and the tow group :)

If you are going to do it then do it.

mariusvt

Established Member
A brick running sub 12's bone stock? I think its very impressive for what it is. It's kind of amusing those that think it should be faster, just goes to show the times. This thing could run 10.9 and there'd still be someone huffing disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread