Track night with the Raptor SCAB

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Yea, you can drive in 4A. It only engages when slippage occurs. I think the hubs are always spinning in 4a.

Looks good. Miss my SCAB at times, but the space is nice with kids for a Screw.

Have you taken it offroad? I know tomorrow 21 or so guys are going to Ocala but I can't make it. Hunting season is soon so I do want to go there one more time.

Love my SCAB and perfect for me. I have never driven anything bigger than a mustang and this clearly has more room inside than that. Momma has the Expy for family trips and multiple occupants.

I have not taken it to get dirty yet mainly because of recovering from a bulging disc and impingement between C6/C7 that haunted me until about June. It is on my list for sure.

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
I had a Roush Raptor that I bought used, that someone went nuts with in mods. Never tracked it, but it would do four wheel drifts effortlessly. I only owned it about 24 days before a meth head in a Honda Accord broad sided me at 70mph. That truck saved my life, took the hit. I suspect with turbo swap, and all supporting mods, it was somewhere north of 600+ on pump gas. Again, never got it to the dyno, because I only owned it less than 30 days :( ...

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
50507806662_6df8fafbd9_b.jpg
What a gorgeous truck! Love it.
What does the Roush kit consist of?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That definitely is one of the nicest looking trucks I've seen. The short bed helps with the overall look, as do the wheels and black paint. Just a darned nice looking package!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Those are good runs for a heavy brick. What is weight of your truck ? GVWR minus payload

5500 lbs I think.
Love the super cab Raptors. Any particular reason for choosing Roush tuning?

Peace of mind with Ford. Not looking to break records and seems like a nice gain for the money. Goosetune seems to be the man with Raptors but not going that route yet.

kaz109

Established Member
Peace of mind with Ford. Not looking to break records and seems like a nice gain for the money.
This is a very common misconception thinking that because you got a Roush Or Shelby tune that you are backed by Ford. Roush and Shelby are third-party companies just like anybody else with the difference being you have a warranty through Roush or Shelby but it’s still not through ford .

if something happened to your motor today you could take it in the board and scan it and it would show an over boost code. That’s all Ford would need to Void the factory warranty. OCA550 is the only tune that you can get away with because they tune within factory boost psi.

obviously the relationship with your dealership comes in to play but if that’s the case but you should be fine with any tune. i’m just passing along information in case shit goes south and you’re automatically expecting Ford to cover it

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
This is a very common misconception thinking that because you got a Roush Or Shelby tune that you are backed by Ford. Roush and Shelby are third-party companies just like anybody else with the difference being you have a warranty through Roush or Shelby but it’s still not through ford .

if something happened to your motor today you could take it in the board and scan it and it would show an over boost code. That’s all Ford would need to Void the factory warranty. OCA550 is the only tune that you can get away with because they tune within factory boost psi.

obviously the relationship with your dealership comes in to play but if that’s the case but you should be fine with any tune. i’m just passing along information in case shit goes south and you’re automatically expecting Ford to cover it

I have been doing this a long time and know all of this info but appreciate your input. If something goes boom, I am still in a better position than an aftermarket tune. That is the main reason.

Users who are viewing this thread