Trac control

1999redcobra

Cobra
Established Member
I am switching my 99 raio bezel for an 03 bezel and the trac control buttons are different so i have to splice the wires but the 03 one has 6 wires and the 99 harness only has 5. anyone done this before.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I think you can just splice them. I never use it anyway. Just get a handheld tuner and turn it off.

1999redcobra

Cobra
Established Member
Well on my 99 harness there is only 1 pink wire on the 03 there is two pinks, are they the same could i just put them together?

dreadedboost180

Run what ya brung.
Established Member
I wouldn't just go crossing random wires if you don't know what they are. Do what these guys say and just turn it off, it blows anyways. Then isolate random wires safely.

RoyWoods

Established Member
does anyone know what the two pink wires are?

FWIW, on an '01 the wires for the traction control switch are pinned out as follows:

Pin 1: PK/BK = Ignition Run/Feed
Pin 2: GY = Traction Assist Feed
Pin 4: BK/LB = Traction Assist On/Off Indicator
Pin 6: PK/BK = Ignition Run/Feed
Pin 7: BK = Ground
Pin 8: LB/RD = Illumination Feed

1999redcobra

Cobra
Established Member
FWIW, on an '01 the wires for the traction control switch are pinned out as follows:

Pin 1: PK/BK = Ignition Run/Feed
Pin 2: GY = Traction Assist Feed
Pin 4: BK/LB = Traction Assist On/Off Indicator
Pin 6: PK/BK = Ignition Run/Feed
Pin 7: BK = Ground
Pin 8: LB/RD = Illumination Feed

OK so could you put the two pk/bk wires together

Snake Eyes

Established Member
take that garbage off, all it does is apply brakes and closes the throttle.

No our cars have a throttle cable (mechanical) which the computer has no control of versus cars that have a drive by wire throttle (electrical). There are only 3 possible ways our car could limit power output. Pull fuel, pull timing and apply the brakes and if memory serves it does them in that order but the computer has no control of how open the throttle body is open, which is why it is so ineffective. The 2005 and up mustangs use a drive by wire system and produces much better results.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
i didn't think ours applied brakes...thought it just pulled timing and fuel...the only way it could apply brakes is through ABS module, but even then i don't know if the ABS module itself can apply pressure, or just creates a pulse in the existing line pressure...

Snake Eyes

Established Member
That is what I was trying to remember. I couldnt remember if the traction control system had the capability to apply the breaks.

1999redcobra

Cobra
Established Member
Ok i called the dyno shop and they want 540 dollars to shut off my trac control button. Its that right? I have a hypertech programer will that work?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

They are ****ing pulling your leg or you missed some info...that sounds like some prices for some tunes also..

RoyWoods

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread