Trac control

01 Venom

Established Member
it does apply the brakes which is why you will smoke your clutch if you try and power over the traction control during a burn out.

As stated above, its a very ineffective system because it doesnt control throttle.

However, I havent driven my car in the rain in a very long time, but I would like to have it while cruising in a heavy rain.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
From an old Edmunds article:

Standard for the '99 Cobra is Mustang's new, all-speed traction-control system, complete with an on/off switch in case you feel the need to do a smoky burnout or two. The Bosch system is linked with the ABS and engine control computers; when rear wheelspin is detected, the system can retard ignition timing, shut down spark and fuel to the cylinders or simply apply the brakes at one or both driven wheels to bring the car under control.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=44115

1999redcobra

Cobra
Established Member
well i called two shops the first one said 540 cause he would have to buy a new program to do it. Then i called another one and they said 450 for some chip i would have to buy and they tune that chip, they also said that i could turn it off with a hand held but those are 350. So it all sounds bad to me.

scotts99snake

Established Member
They make a thing called a Black Box or Black Box 2. I have seen it on ebay a couple of times. It leaves the tc in the last state when shutting down the car. (If you have the tc shut off and turn the car off, when you restart, the tc will still be off.) It is like $60.

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Why buy a 50 dollar module that only turns your traction control off? Buy a programmer like an Xcal or Predator that does that and reads codes, data logs, and allows you to tune your vehicle. Yeah it is more but you get so much more

Other wise if you want to change gears then you would need a speed corrector, If you wanted an off-road mid pipe then you would need MIL eliminators. If you buy a programmer you get all that and more all at once.

Users who are viewing this thread