Toyota is...

cthunder

Established Member
I've been waiting for a japanese diesel dually... it'll be a couple of years before I get one though. let em work out all the bugs first.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Great. I wonder if they'll fix the breaking camshafts and flimsy tailgates by then.

Oh, and I don't like that interior.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
If it had a cat in it, I would be more inclinded to atleast look at it. Styling isn't great, but not that bad IMO.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
wont work. how many farmers out there are going to buy a toyota dually? or even the tundra?

That is the truth. Traditional heavy duty and towing truck customers will simply not buy an import dually/diesel.

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
ROFL! Look at that god awful stick shift! And gm 350 is right. A contracting company would not consider an import diesel dually. They would rather stick with the top 3, Dodge, Chevy and Ford.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Boy I tell ya' what, when you think about it...the Toyota name has quitely taken over the US!

I heard somewhere that they actually MAKE more cars here then we do...holy smokes.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
ROFL! Look at that god awful stick shift! And gm 350 is right. A contracting company would not consider an import diesel dually. They would rather stick with the top 3, Dodge, Chevy and Ford.

What makes you think that? How many Isuzu diesels are running around on the roads? I'd be willing to bet that companies tend to rely on the most economical of any of their choices. At least, if I owned a business I wouldn't let some brand loyalty keep me from making more money.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
What makes you think that? How many Isuzu diesels are running around on the roads? I'd be willing to bet that companies tend to rely on the most economical of any of their choices. At least, if I owned a business I wouldn't let some brand loyalty keep me from making more money.

And they consider the most reliable to be the big 3. Trust me, I've done a lot of work in construction and the only trucks considered are either of the big 3. I drove a Mitsubishi Fuso and the trucks are gutless and cheap, they're liitle 4 cylinder diesels have a hard time doing the work of even a V8 Chevy or Ford gas motor.

MonkeysL

Established Member
Great. I wonder if they'll fix the breaking camshafts and flimsy tailgates by then.

Oh, and I don't like that interior.

do u know how little of the camshaft problem they have actually had? people are trying to play that card so much, like the big 3 haven't had NUMEROUS problems. think of how many spark plugs have been ejected by ford vehicles and they wouldn't stand behind their vehicle at all, at least toyota is doing something about their VERY VERY small case of failing camshafts.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
The car like stick shift is very odd, and that interior is rubbish. Love the use of semi truck like Alcoa wheels, for the "truck driver" in our paper pushing, suburban, import beer drinking, toyota truck driving sons of ------.

Who will buy a Toyota diesel dually ? See above.
Made in Indiana and Texas !!!! :rollseyes

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
do u know how little of the camshaft problem they have actually had? people are trying to play that card so much, like the big 3 haven't had NUMEROUS problems. think of how many spark plugs have been ejected by ford vehicles and they wouldn't stand behind their vehicle at all, at least toyota is doing something about their VERY VERY small case of failing camshafts.

True dat, I think less than 5 cams broke, at least when I worked for Toyota, and that was a supplier issue and had nothing to do with Toyota whatsoever. I'm glad to see they're finally stepping up to the challenge. That concept looks a lot like the concept for the gas-powered Tundra, which looked little like the production model. Hopefully they can tone it down to look as nice. I may be a little biased, since I had to stare at the things for 8 mo, but I think they look much better than the new Chevy's...jury's still out on the Fords.

They went with the Hino motor instead of a Cat because Toyota owns Hino. When I was working an internship at Peterbilt, there was a big push to build a budget Peterbilt to compete with the little Hino - it was a surprisingly nice truck for the price.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member

Whoa there! Just where do you think you are? We don't make rational decisions here on SVTP!!

Users who are viewing this thread