Totalled the Cobra out this morning... :(

SpittingCobra

Established Member
All the more reason not to daily drive one of these cars. I've been several tough economic times where my cobra got put on DD duty.. never a good thing. Buy yourself some shitbox like a used toyota corolla.. sit on the insurance money and make the wife happy.. when the house closes go buy the 03 and keep the shitbox to drive when there's freaking ICE on the road.

Take it from an old geezer like me that has already made these mistakes.

Good luck, glad you're still with us.

josephcostello

Established Member
Last time I drove my cobra in the rain, I was scared shitless. Never again will my car be driven in anything but clear and warm weather. I'm glad your okay and didn't injure anybody else.

TheDoughboy

Established Member
When I was getting the new convertible top on the Cobra. I got to I drive a SRT 392 Challenger for a couple of days. I gotta say it grew on me a bit. I know there are Challengers everywhere so I wont have the Rarity of the Cobra and all. But....

I am Thanking about ordering a 2017 Challenger with a Hemi and a shaker. Since I work at a Dodge dealer I will get employee pricing, but even with the discount I don't want the SRT payment. I think 375hp, a warranty and running regular gas will be just fine.

TheDoughboy

Established Member
All the more reason not to daily drive one of these cars. I've been several tough economic times where my cobra got put on DD duty.. never a good thing. Buy yourself some shitbox like a used toyota corolla..

I honestly can't do that. Drive the economical car when I have a much better gar in the garage... Years ago I had a CRX and I bought a Grand National. I kept the CRX to get better gas mileage and keep the miles off the GN. Every time I was driving the CRX I wanted to be driving the GN.

Piss on the gas and miles. After a 8 months of paying full coverage insurance and hardly driving the CRX I sold it. Then I had more money for gas, methanol for the injection system and more mods. When I have two cars I always end up driving the "better" car most often.

TheDoughboy

Established Member
Last time I drove my cobra in the rain, I was scared shitless. Never again will my car be driven in anything but clear and warm weather. I'm glad your okay and didn't injure anybody else.

I drove the Cobra to work in pouring rain numerous times and never had a problem. A side for this lil slip up ;)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When I had my '03 Cobra, I drove many times in rain. Light rain, steady rain, heavy rain. Not once did I ever have an issue. It was all about lowering my speed to match the weather conditions. Now snow and/or ice, totally different story. Tried it once with minimal snow and got 2 blocks from my home before turning around and parking it. Never again did I even think of driving it during the months of December-March UNLESS the streets were totally free of snow, slush or ice.

Again, glad you're okay, but sorry about the Cobra damage. :(

josephcostello

Established Member
I honestly can't do that. Drive the economical car when I have a much better gar in the garage... Years ago I had a CRX and I bought a Grand National. I kept the CRX to get better gas mileage and keep the miles off the GN. Every time I was driving the CRX I wanted to be driving the GN.

Piss on the gas and miles. After a 8 months of paying full coverage insurance and hardly driving the CRX I sold it. Then I had more money for gas, methanol for the injection system and more mods. When I have two cars I always end up driving the "better" car most often.
You're so right lol. It's a struggle between wanting to drive your "nicer" car all the time and wanting to keep it nice by limiting the mileage, and then driving a boring car and wishing you weren't.

Dhughes12

Established Member
Sorry for the loss man. I'd be heartbroken. If you decide to part it out at all, I've been looking for an OEM shift knob. Let me know if you want to part with some stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread