Totalled the Cobra out this morning... :(

TheDoughboy

Established Member
I was on the way to work this morning and took a left hand sweeper under the freeway over pass (like I do everyday, maybe 5 miles over the limit) and hit a little black ice. We had a couple inches of snow yesterday and this off ramp to Hwy 2 is under the freeway and in the shadow of the sun.

The rear end slid to the right and I counter steered into to it and the the Cobra slid got stuffed into the concrete wall. It jammed up tight to the wall and followed the curve in the turn until it stopped. The passenger side is gone and both front and rear bumpers have damage. Both front air bags went off as well. Going to be a complete loss. I have full coverage insurance though but shit...

The DOT response truck tried to push me forward 5 feet pass the wall to the grass to make room but I was jammed up tight. He had to pull up front and hook up the chains to pull me sideways Away from the wall and off the road to the grass,

I got checked out at the doc in the box and I am fine physically, but not mentally. My super clean baby that Just clocked 78k miles is now totaled out :(

One less 1 of 536 Laser red with saddle leather verts on the road now. The value of all the Other 96 red/saddle verts just went up in value. Your welcome guys ;)

Sucks because I just had a new cloth top installed two months ago. As well as new tires, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft, off road x-pipe and a Bama tuner. 2 weeks ago.

AHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ron

Recon

Established Member
Damn that sucks big time. Have you looked for a replacement?

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Sorry to hear :(

Hopefully a handy guy will buy and bring back.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear about your car. That sucks.
Good luck going forward!

We had ice all over the roads this early morning. I could feel the tires on the truck spinning at times and at one point feel the whole truck shift to the left. That woke me up. lol

TheDoughboy

Established Member
The adjuster has not seen it yet so no money numbers as of yet. So far I'm leaning towards a Terminator or a Z06 this go a round, but it is early. We are waiting to close on the house. So there is a kink right there to make a delay in the finances :(

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Really sorry to hear about your crash, but the great news is that you weren't hurt. Cars can be replaced, and eventually the pain of the loss of your Cobra will be lessened by the replacement.

Tillerman77

Established Member
The adjuster has not seen it yet so no money numbers as of yet. So far I'm leaning towards a Terminator or a Z06 this go a round, but it is early. We are waiting to close on the house. So there is a kink right there to make a delay in the finances :(
Got it. Who are you insured with? Hope you get a fair settlement.

JBJ

Established Member
I was on the way to work this morning and took a left hand sweeper under the freeway over pass (like I do everyday, maybe 5 miles over the limit) and hit a little black ice. We had a couple inches of snow yesterday and this off ramp to Hwy 2 is under the freeway and in the shadow of the sun.

The rear end slid to the right and I counter steered into to it and the the Cobra slid got stuffed into the concrete wall. It jammed up tight to the wall and followed the curve in the turn until it stopped. The passenger side is gone and both front and rear bumpers have damage. Both front air bags went off as well. Going to be a complete loss. I have full coverage insurance though but shit...

The DOT response truck tried to push me forward 5 feet pass the wall to the grass to make room but I was jammed up tight. He had to pull up front and hook up the chains to pull me sideways Away from the wall and off the road to the grass,

I got checked out at the doc in the box and I am fine physically, but not mentally. My super clean baby that Just clocked 78k miles is now totaled out :(

One less 1 of 536 Laser red with saddle leather verts on the road now. The value of all the Other 96 red/saddle verts just went up in value. Your welcome guys ;)

Sucks because I just had a new cloth top installed two months ago. As well as new tires, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft, off road x-pipe and a Bama tuner. 2 weeks ago.

AHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ron
Wow my man....cars can be replaced... Glad to hear you are ok physically & mentally will hopefully get better......

nomoretickets

Established Member
So sorry to hear this buddy. Two years ago I totaled my 68k mile black on black hardtop in a very similar way. Its crushingly painful, I know that. Stick in there, another one will come around.

Also, kill the 'vette plans. If you dont need a walker, you are too young for one of those. :p

barstowpo

Established Member
Could you rent a storage unit to house the car for a few months? That might buy you enough time until you part it out or transfer mods to a new car.

Users who are viewing this thread