Tork tech kit purchased extremely disatsified

tropicmustang

Established Member
I had unexpected bills come up $650 dollar for registration for vehicles. I Just moved out put down a deposit and rent. Last week i spent over $4,000 dollars so I didn't cut it close man. On top of that i was working six day a week and had no time to get it out untill Friday which i told him. So the Parts were going to be shipped untill i got the supercharger.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
ehh... clean the blower up, and work out a deal for a new intercooler.

I wouldn't say this is "scrap"

tropicmustang

Established Member
I don't know if its just me, but im not spending money on a new intercooler or heat exchanger. I bought the kit as a good functioning kit not a kit that i have to replace several parts on before i can use it.

teufel GT

Established Member
What else is damaged? From what I read he stated the blower was powder coated....those pictures of the blower they didn't look it...more like rattle can.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

teufel GT

Established Member
Another thing that bothers me about his statement is

"parts that were shipped are filled with oil and antifreeze for cooling and lubrication those parts were in postions during shipping and delivery process that shouldnt be thats the reason for fluids spills."

1. The oil is encased in the front of the blower and will not leak.
2. When you ship something which holds fluid such as a radiator, intercooler, heat exchanger...etc. common sense is you drain them properly and cap them off to insure that no matter what during shipping fluid doesn't get out and all over components that they shouldn't have.
3. The heat exchanger can not be described as "excellent condition" due to those rock chips, bugs and damage. I can take photos of my exhanger and it most certainly looks NOTHING like that one... Owner obviously didn't take care of it (cleaning any obstructions that would prevent air from flowing through properly) and didn't have the courtesy to clean the item prior to shipping.

Those items look like they were take off, thrown together, no care in packing of critical parts, no concern for the proper draining and sealing of items which hold fluids. Not my idea of "Properly package"...

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
Did you actually buy something without seeing pics of it? Who's fault is that?
And if you haven't sent stuff back yet, I wouldn't refund anything at all either. Telling us you don't have money and whatnot also makes you look like you are out for money.

Just putting both sides out there.

I'd also change the thread title. This one makes it look like you bought a kit from Tork Tech and are pissed, not a used set up.

tropicmustang

Established Member
I have pics. I will post the pics that he sent me. He never sent me a picture of the bad side of the Heat exchanger. he had everything on his car and then ripped it off and sent me some pics.. How was i supposed to know their was JB weld on the intercooler? It was obviously repaired by him or someone else and iI wasn't told about the issue. It was internally damaged. I am not out for money. I got tight on cash at that time due to other bills and Ive been waiting working six days a week at ten hours a day, which I explained to Leo. If you read my previous post you would know that. My car is in pieces because i ripped off my Vortech and sold it.ill send you pictures of my bank account to show you I have money. Would you want to keep this Kit with a JB welded Intercooler or a smashed Heat exchanger that has bugs stuck to it? i dont think so and i really do not without replacing numerous parts or having the blower checked out.

tropicmustang

Established Member
Also he told me he wont refund me all of my money and that he wants compensation for all of this which is a pile of crap.

02blownGT

Established Member
Did you actually buy something without seeing pics of it? Who's fault is that?
And if you haven't sent stuff back yet, I wouldn't refund anything at all either. Telling us you don't have money and whatnot also makes you look like you are out for money.

Just putting both sides out there.

I'd also change the thread title. This one makes it look like you bought a kit from Tork Tech and are pissed, not a used set up.

WTF kind of statement is that :??: Because OP Got a pile of junk instead of an I/C and H/E hes out for money?Doesnt matter if its your last 2Gs you should get whats advertised or get your money back.If anyone got scammed its Tropic.I like buying from members on this board because for the most part people are standup,We need to support members who get scammed to keep it that way picture or no picture.

ranger2339

Established Member
The seller was defiantly wrong here. The guy should have drained all fluids before shipping. Then, at-least hit the parts with a pressure washer before shipping and then package everything up properly; not just toss it all in a box like some di*k head.

Buy a new/used heat exchanger and throw the kit up on Ebay for 3k and make some money back?

Lets see the pics the seller sent you.

teufel GT

Established Member
Post for Tropic.

IMG_1442.gif

IMG_1422.gif

IMG_1421.gif

IMG_1420.gif

IMG_1423.gif

ranger2339

Established Member
The pictures and the add description make no mention of any repairs to the intercooler; or, anything about the heatexchanger being dented to sh&t.

If it were me I would buy a new/used intercooler and heatexchanger and run it. You can find them pretty cheap. The kit would still be a good deal. I know that's not the whole point here.

Hell, I might buy the kit from you if you want to get rid of it.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I agree with LilRoush as you need to change the title of the thread. In all fairness as bad as everything looks a new heat exchanger and intercooler solves this problem. Have him refund you 400 bucks, buy yourself those pieces and done deal. You'd have a fully functioning working Tork Tech kit, that is after all what you're after correct?

95PGTTech

Established Member
I agree with LilRoush as you need to change the title of the thread. In all fairness as bad as everything looks a new heat exchanger and intercooler solves this problem. Have him refund you 400 bucks, buy yourself those pieces and done deal. You'd have a fully functioning working Tork Tech kit, that is after all what you're after correct?

Source an intercooler and a good condition Eaton for 400.

Not to mention, it's not his responsibility to find the working parts to this obviously ****ed up sale. Sure, the intercooler was probably damaged in shipping due to poor packing, I'll let him slide a bit on that (and by slide, I mean find and ship him a new one), but the supercharger condition was obviously misrepresented.

If you sell something to someone and they are not satisfied, it is your obligation to ensure that they are satisfied. If they want to work with you for some money refund, great. If they want to have you source replacements, fine. And if they want a full refund, guess what, you're eating it. It's not as if the buyer here got the parts in the condition they were described and just decided he didn't want them, they were BLATANTLY misrepresented. The seller mind as well have shipped him SBC parts.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I'm more than aware of what a sellers responsibility is. And I know what eaton swap parts cost for a tork tech kit, not like I've ever done one or anything. Considering the situation and obviously the lack of resolution process that's happening the easiest and quickest way would be to find another H/E and Int. nothing was stated wrong with the blower other than it was not powdercoated. I'm suggesting a quicker resolution that helps get his car back on the road with the kit he purchased.

But in a perfect world I completely agree he should see every single dime of his money back, the seller should be banned from this site as well. However the world doesn't seem to work like that since clearly there are dumb shits like this seller out running around ripping people off.

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
I'm more than aware of what a sellers responsibility is. And I know what eaton swap parts cost for a tork tech kit, not like I've ever done one or anything. Considering the situation and obviously the lack of resolution process that's happening the easiest and quickest way would be to find another H/E and Int. nothing was stated wrong with the blower other than it was not powdercoated. I'm suggesting a quicker resolution that helps get his car back on the road with the kit he purchased.

But in a perfect world I completely agree he should see every single dime of his money back, the seller should be banned from this site as well. However the world doesn't seem to work like that since clearly there are dumb shits like this seller out running around ripping people off.

From those pictures and description about the condition of the blower and lower intake/intercooler, I would not put those on a car. The powdercoating is the least of my concerns.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
From those pictures and description about the condition of the blower and lower intake/intercooler, I would not put those on a car. The powdercoating is the least of my concerns.

Did you read my post or just quote it? I never once said he should put them on his car.

Users who are viewing this thread