Top Speed?

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
i have had mine around the 155 mark a time or two....and it got up there rather quickly too!

its not really a wise thing to do tho (top end pulls in these cars), unless you are wanting to rebuild your engine anytime soon. and im not even going to get into the "why's" of all that, if you dont know, then i suggest ya search! =]

haskett

Established Member
I've done 167.8 mph in the BBORR (see sig) with my "safe" road race tune. The class I ran limited me to 168.0, so I couldn't test the true top speed, but the car had A LOT more left in it.

Here's a drive-by of the car doing 160.0. :) :) :)
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5hAucEOUzM"]YouTube- Road Race 09 Mustang # 103[/nomedia]

cobracide

Established Member
Use THIS.

and this:
Make Model Year Cd Frontal Area (ft^2)
Ford SVT Mustang Cobra 1994 - 2004 0.37 21.6
Weight: Coupe 3665 lbs. / Convt. 3780 lbs.

Not saying its 100% accurate but it's fun anyways.

CobraMike3

Established Member
I was coming home the other night at around 3 am. I put the petal down (knowing i had open roads ahead), and looked down to see my speed and it said I was going 160mph because the my gage tops out there and it was bouncing... I was in fifth gear but not close to redline it was still going but I slowed it down. I know this is not good the car and will never do it again.. it was surprising how fast it got to those speeds so i was just curious on how much faster it would go ...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hope this thread doesn't motivate a few to try to prove whose Cobra has the highest top speed. Please be safe folks.

SlowLNF

Established Member
I topped out 5th gear once and I doubt if I will ever do it again. I was amazed how hard the car was still pulling up to redline but I wasn't about to go into 6th. I hit 160 around 4800rpm's in 5th gear and carried all the way up to 6800rpm's.

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
Just recently got my Cobra, I've searched this topic a few times and was just wondering what the odds were that you'll be looking at major problems if you take it to top speeds? I mean is it a 50/50 chance it'll blow or is it more than likely that you'll be okay as long as it's only once or twice?

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I was on a road-trip in the Cobra last year:
With APPROVAL from my family riding w/me FIRST & trunk full of luggage and OUTSIDE the USA, on an open stretch of toll road [smooth & straight]-
We cruised up to 137/140 mph; Yes I can attest my Cobra had no problem reaching those speeds & I was very impressed on how well it handled [especially the OE Goodyears which were gone after that vacation :burnout:]. Definitely put a smile on my face & glad the extra $$$ spent for a Cobra was worth it.
Now if I get around to dealing with the excessive cabin noise generated @ highway speeds..... my Cobra would be perfect.....

Ralo

Established Member
I'm shocked at how many have made 5th gear pulls. I'm too worried about my motor.

Ironhand

Banned
174.4 mph. 2.8 with a ported blower and was heavy 2 bigger passengers. Also my rev limiter was set higher(5th gear). This run cost me 7 fouled plugs and I melted an 8th plug's ground strap off. I still have this spark plug on my tool box.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Just recently got my Cobra, I've searched this topic a few times and was just wondering what the odds were that you'll be looking at major problems if you take it to top speeds? I mean is it a 50/50 chance it'll blow or is it more than likely that you'll be okay as long as it's only once or twice?

Its all in the tune.
but keep in mind quite a few have blown
not much PTW in the motor

Users who are viewing this thread