TOP GEAR: Tests ZR1, CTS-V, Challenger

chuckstang

Established Member
Does anyone else think 150mph from a stock challenger in 1 mile sounds awsome?

Anyone know what a stock GT500 does in a standing mile.

I think all 3 times are incredible for stock cars

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
i have hit 175 mph on GPS in the standing mile with my bone stock Ford GT. this was not done on a race track though and was done at my local test site here in Arizona. the road was perfectly dead level flat as verified by my GPS. there were absolutely no winds of anykind and the DA was 2,000 feet above sea level. so at sea level i think i could hit 177 mph in the mile which would beat the ZR1 :-D

since the ZR1 achieved its speed of 176 mph on the Salt Flats which are at 3,700 feet above sea level > its pretty obvious with all the tire slip and the mile HIGH denisty altitude which occurs on the salt that the ZR1 would easily exceed 180 mph in the mile on pavement at a sea level track. i predict under those conditions a ZR1 will hit 182.9 mph.

at least my viper is faster :D

i look forward to putting a whipple on my Ford GT someday and goin 200+ mph at Nellis AFB in Vegas. me and my viper just went 182.9 mph on that runway last month at the HIGH roller shootout :coolman:

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Does anyone else think 150mph from a stock challenger in 1 mile sounds awsome?

Anyone know what a stock GT500 does in a standing mile.

I think all 3 times are incredible for stock cars

at the HIGH roller shootout i raced at last month a bone stock GT-500 went 151.8 mph. it was very hot at this race. it hit 100* by noon and the event was shutdown early due to the heat. the runway is dead level flat and resides at 1,833 feet above sea level. i did not have my weather station with me but i bet the density altitude was at least 3,600 feet above sea level. there were no winds of anykind whatsoever. my buddy scott went 166.5 mph in his bone stock C6 Z06. i went 182.9 mph in my '01 Viper ACR. i think at sea level we all would have been at least 3 mph faster.

here is a link to the results > http://www.openroadracing.com/html/2008hrms.html

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
here you go guys, wont have to worry about youtube issues:
http://www.ninjavideo.net/video/12228

just scroll down and click on the one you want(12x1 = season 12 episode 1, etc.). the non-flash links use divX player, so if you dont have it or dont wan it, click the flash links which stream from a video site(like an embeded youtube video, except its not youtube).

that was definatly one of my favorite episodes, had gave me chills at the end with the rather epic music after they accomplished their speeds! LOL @ may not being able to do a burnout! i thought he was gonna hit the vette!
make sure and watch the first episode too, they try to drive semi trucks!!!

Blown 89

Established Member
Yes. To fit into an hour long program with commercials they have to cut significant portions of the show. The show on BBC runs commercial free.
I just saw that. The BBC episodes are 1h &1m long.....there's now way Speed runs it over 1.5 hours with commercials.

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
since the ZR1 achieved its speed of 176 mph on the Salt Flats which are at 3,700 feet above sea level > its pretty obvious with all the tire slip and the mile HIGH denisty altitude which occurs on the salt that the ZR1 would easily exceed 180 mph in the mile on pavement at a sea level track. i predict under those conditions a ZR1 will hit 182.9 mph.

at least my viper is faster :D

i look forward to putting a whipple on my Ford GT someday and goin 200+ mph at Nellis AFB in Vegas. me and my viper just went 182.9 mph on that runway last month at the HIGH roller shootout :coolman:

All your cars are badass dude :beer:

burnzilla

Established Member
I have always liked Top Gear.
They point out the ugly and true and some americans take offense to it.

The Lightning test drive was great, Fords interior quality is shaky/loose and they showed all the gaps and made fun of it. They'd have a field day with a 3rd Gen Fbody.

Don Juan

Established Member
Didn't want to make a new thread full episode on streetfire. :read:

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Top-Gear-American-Muscle_198099.htm"]Top Gear American Muscle Car Holiday Trip Episode- Video[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread