Took The S550 For A Few Laps Around Daytona

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Being a NASCAR fan, this was super cool! Signed up for the track fun runs last week at Mustangs At Daytona. Three "paced laps". The last time around we were running about 120 when we crossed the line, could have easily went alot faster but I didn't wanna be the one they kicked off! Check it out!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I haven't driven on it but I've ridden around it, good times. 120 is definitely fast enough through the banking to feel how much it starts sinking you into the seat

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That must have been a thrill. How many practice laps did you have to do to become familiar with the track and where they wanted you to drive (bottom, middle, top) on the track?

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Being a NASCAR fan, this was super cool! Signed up for the track fun runs last week at Mustangs At Daytona. Three "paced laps". The last time around we were running about 120 when we crossed the line, could have easily went alot faster but I didn't wanna be the one they kicked off! Check it out!

giphy.gif

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
That must have been a thrill. How many practice laps did you have to do to become familiar with the track and where they wanted you to drive (bottom, middle, top) on the track?
We didn't! Very informal! Headed out on the track following the pace car and figured it out from there.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We didn't! Very informal! Headed out on the track following the pace car and figured it out from there.
Wow, I figured they'd want a bit more control to ensure optimum safety. Must have been a real blast. Coming out to the track through the tunnel must have been a bit of an adrenalin rush.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Makes me miss running around the old Myrtle Beach Speedway.
When we went to mustang week back in 09, I almost hit the inside wall. I was downshifting into 2nd gear and my foot slipping off the clutch, rearend started chattering and the mustang was headed dead left.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Sweet

Daytona is crazy big...people who have never been there have no clue...first time went there i was like holy shit!!! Then to see cars at full song go around in 45 or so seconds lol...dayum

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
When we went to mustang week back in 09, I almost hit the inside wall. I was downshifting into 2nd gear and my foot slipping off the clutch, rearend started chattering and the mustang was headed dead left.

That track was unforgiving, and in the early days we had the cones set up so you carried a good amount of speed all the was around.

Sweet

Daytona is crazy big...people who have never been there have no clue...first time went there i was like holy shit!!! Then to see cars at full song go around in 45 or so seconds lol...dayum

You should see it during Turkey Rod run. The infield is a massive car show and swap meet.

Users who are viewing this thread