Took a ride in a new 5.0 for the first time..

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
And all I can say is OMG Ford nailed it! The is but far the best GT Mustang that Ford has ever built. This is the first time I have even sat in one. I was not a big fan of the 05-09's (not a bash if you own one I just never liked them) My good friend just bought a 2012 and took me for a ride last night. What an awesome car! Not a big fan of the goofy interior lighting and color changing stuff. Also think they should have done something a little cooler with the rear quarter windows but the interior appointments were first class. I really like the interior, the leather was real nice and looks like it should hold up well. The car had a CAI, X-pipe, shifter and a BBR tune and the thing effing rips! It feels like a bottom 12 sec car with a good tire. With the off road X and stock cat back it has a neat kind of growl to it that is not really loud just sounds nice. It sounds nothing like a 4.6 2V or 4V. I know now that I want one but not enough to give up my Cobra. If I didn't have the TS I think I would be buying a new 5.0 this week. I'm sure I am probably the last person on this site not to sit in/drive one but I have been avoiding it because I knew I would want one. LOL

Jaa1456

Established Member
Im having issues myself. I have a stang already and im looking to buy a new truck. But man I have been thinking of buying a used truck and going with the 5.0

TRBO VNM

They are nice. If it didn't have the Sync or glass roof, be glad you didn't ride in one of those. It is even better. I agree, Ford definitely stepped up it's game. they have a lot of nice features and little "easter eggs" that I personally like.

If I liked debt, I would get one. I am not selling the terminator for one, but would not mind adding it to the stable. I just don't want the added debt right now.

Riptide

Established Member
Wish my 3v had sync. My wifes focus has it and its great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

Mulldune

Established Member
I got a chance to ride in one a few weeks ago,I loved the car.Ford did a fine job.Finally undid all those years of interior uglyness.The only thing I didnt like was the rear end

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
Yeah I drove my first one back in March. It was Lava red and had the brembo package. Really nice and nimble from what I remember.

SoCaDan

Established Member
I might consider if it were my only car and daily driver. But like other's have mentioned they will soon be everywhere! Besides if I really need sync I'll drive my Edge.

SVTDice

Established Member
The New 5.0 Is a nice car, I drove one when they FIRST Came out. Fully loaded with everything it was nice... But the thing is. I would just miss the Rawness of the 03/04 Cobra. I guess people like the New leather, All the fancy gadgets, Etc. But it just feels so much more...I don't know. Soft compared to my Terminator. But, Everybody to there own.

I think the only new body style I'd buy would be a 2011/2012 SVT GT500. I've yet to drive one of those, All though I may go test drive one just for the hell of it. I've driven a 09 GT500 and It was alright. But I felt the same way. Too soft, Not loud enough, I don't know. I like the rawness. I'm insane I guess. Lol.

cobracide

Established Member
The New 5.0 Is a nice car, I drove one when they FIRST Came out. Fully loaded with everything it was nice... But the thing is. I would just miss the Rawness of the 03/04 Cobra. I guess people like the New leather, All the fancy gadgets, Etc. But it just feels so much more...I don't know. Soft compared to my Terminator. But, Everybody to there own.

I think the only new body style I'd buy would be a 2011/2012 SVT GT500. I've yet to drive one of those, All though I may go test drive one just for the hell of it. I've driven a 09 GT500 and It was alright. But I felt the same way. Too soft, Not loud enough, I don't know. I like the rawness. I'm insane I guess. Lol.

Nope, totally with you. A later gt500 is next in the stable. Regardless, the Terminator will always be near the top.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
they are nice but id have a shelby over the gt or the boss personally.

also have you seen the price of a fully loaded gt premium with 6 speed and navigation and all. they 47k... its almost the price of the shelby.

stangy2004

Established Member
Show me another GT made besides the supercar that can put down 650RW+ with Boost levels in the single digits?
I didnt say it couldn't make power with boost:shrug: I'm just saying everybody and there grandmother will be driving one. How many 03/04 cobras do you see or gt500's as daily drivers

musclefan21

Established Member
They are nice. I drove my buddy's GT with similar bolts on and fun ride, however, THEY DO NOT FEEL LIKE COBRAS. There is something about the terminators which I have yet to feel in any other car.. and the looks of terminators is just mind blowing.. I gave up two S197s for terminators.. I would give up another one..

stangy2004

Established Member
Really? I see more Z06's rolling around here than 5.0's. I think I've only seen one or two on the road other than mine.
well they been making the c6 z06 since 06 thats about 7 years in production and btw a bad ass car. So wait another 6 years and see how many are rolling around.

Fuerza

Established Member
I drive an auto GT. I thought it was kinda soft on the freeway. Initial acceleration is nice off the line. Dash board on the 05 and up cars is huge! I like the slopes and curves of the terminator dash.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Really? I see more Z06's rolling around here than 5.0's. I think I've only seen one or two on the road other than mine.
I agree I see way more high dollar vettes around than new 5.0's BUT I do live in Florida, lots of dorking guys with mindlife crisis' here!:D Give em a pink polo shirt, boat shoes and a yellow Vette and their just peachy!:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread