Too much

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
That was 30 years ago now, but spot on.
At least I'm not THE crazy one or only one.

BtW site is killing me. Google prizes, untrusted site. No new software or DLs on this phone. Don't care but get about 5 seconds. Seemed to clear, but usable last night.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
At least I'm not THE crazy one or only one.

BtW site is killing me. Google prizes, untrusted site. No new software or DLs on this phone. Don't care but get about 5 seconds.
I've had zero issues. A few threads on this in help desk. Are you running adblock?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My wife just text me and said her best friend from Florida is coming into town for a week. The guest bedroom has become a storage room. So guess what we get to do this weekend......sigh. Yeah we store shit.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't convince my wife that we are just two people, two miles from anything we need. I wish to hell I had never heard of Costco.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Nope. Ever since a kid not having shit I never have.

Hell I just moved houses.. didn’t even need the biggest uhaul

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
About 11 year ago, a neighbor across from us had this huge 4000 sq ft house for the 2 adults and 1 kid. They also had a 3 car garage. The garage was so full of crap they couldn't park a car inside. How does one have a house that big, with a 3 car garage and only 1 kid, yet not have enough room?

In the years we lived there, not once did we get invited inside. My kids went in once and said it was like a warzone.

I can't stand hoarders.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm pretty selective on how to waste my money, so I can't say we have too much shit.

Outside of my wife wanting to store a lot of baby stuff in case of #3 I can say we don't have a lot of unneeded items.

Once the kids get tired of certain toys, it's either stored away nicely for later or donated.

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
I can’t help it, I have to get something out.

We sorted through bags, pencil cases, and boxes of markers and crayons and other “craft room” shit a couple weeks ago.

I wanted to just chuck the crayons. Half are broken, mixed up from 13 other full boxes, markers are all scattered about.

I said, “Just throw these away, buy a set or two, and just be done with the clutter and bull shit.”

Response:

“Of course you’d just throw them away. You’re wasteful. You never care about anything etc…”

Woman, I care about my brain that is about to splatter on my shower wall. This shit drives me nuts.

Why do we spend hours every week picking up shit that is useless? There are so many broken/mixed up/incomplete toy sets that aren’t being used, but they’re sure as **** being scattered across my house.

Jesus, I need an unbiased third party To go through my house and tell my wife she’s out of her ****ing mind.

Edit: walk in my house and in 10 seconds you can see the issue. On our counter, by the strainer for clean dishes, is a ****ing horde of water bottles. Open up the cabinet above the strainer, and there are 14 more water bottles. Why the **** do we have 3 kids, 2 adults, and legitimately, 25 water bottles taking up ****ing space?
The water bottle thing in my house is ridiculous. Me, the wife, and one kid who never uses one. And those damn insulated Yeti and Yeti-knockoff tumblers.

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
You have 25 water bottles because you don't yet have 26 water bottles. Good news though. It sounds like you'll have 26 water bottles soon.

My cabinet has 25 coffee mugs, yet only two people drink coffee on the regular. Before this we had 35 coffee mugs. Wife finally purged 10, with 2 of those 10 being my regular use mugs. Not sure why she tossed the 2 I alternate between every 2 days, but then again IDGAF about coffee mugs.
We have around 30 coffee mugs. I only use one at a time. I usually rinse it out and set it near the sink so I can use it again. I can wash and put away all dishes, and when I come home the next day, there are at least 8 coffee mugs in the sink between TWO people that day.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
We do use the Longaberger dishes, they are pretty nice. Ditched all the other coffee mugs except them, an insulated one or two for when necessary.
Totally familiar with the water bottle thing. Wife uses three a day, has about 12-15. And it is just her and I.
We've done better recently, still need to do more.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I keep coming back in here and I haven’t stopped getting aggravated every time.
trash.gif

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
We've been prepping for a house build by purging. I've lost count how many trips to the dump we've made. 27 years in the same house, with a basement and a detached garage. We had a lot of crap. I've not even started on my garage, sadly.

olympic

Established Member
I kicked the wife out over 10 years ago so that cuts down the clutter by about 90%...lol! Then I moved to a new house about 3 years ago and it was a good opportunity to sort through everything and get rid of the junk. I like things clean, uncluttered and orderly.

The shop is next on the clean-up list. Years of project cars and running a business in it have the shelves overflowing and dirt everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread