Too much red?

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
First off I must say that I love my 10th Anniv. Torch Red Coupe! But did Ford go crazy with all the red? I would have prefered a carbon fiber door insert instead of the red. But the reason I bought the car was for the seats. I had the suede in my Lightning and hated it. What do you guys/gals think? Too much?:??:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you didn't have the red seat inserts I would have said it might be a bit much (just my opinion), but with the inserts I think the red detailing on the door looks pretty nice.
:burnout:

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by johnsonl
Why did you hate the suede?

I had to have the seat covers replaced on the L...they looked worn out in 12K miles. I'm a perfectionist I guess. Parts started to stay dark gray instead of the light gray where you didnt sit. You know how you rub it one way its light, then rub the other and its darker? Just me being anal I guess.:whine:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Maybe it is a bit much for my taste but it's all about if you like it. A couple of mods to the interior and then theres less red.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
TORCH RED !

Orphaner, you gotta love the interior of our 10ths. The red calipers and inserts with the blazing red paint was too much for me to resist. I just love the look of my car, when I walk up on my car when she's parked I just smile in admiration :).

However, I do agree that Ford could have definitely done something more with our interiors, not just the 10ths but all '03s.
I think the interior of the doors could be better and passenger side dash should say COBRA at least. And that's just for starters!

nj7703

Established Member
The Bling-o-meter is off the chart for me, especially the door inserts but, if you like it, does not matter what others think. :beer:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
well first off i have a 99 cobra so i dont have to worry about how cool my interior is, because my interior is just as cool as V6 mustang. well i have a power seat and white gauges, and had to buy my cobra mats. so i guess i have 1 up on a V6.
but to be honest about the 03's, I have to say that i think the 10ths red seats are a bit much for me, but i love the normal 03 interior.
I guess its just a personal pref. just my 2 cents
J

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by CobraBob
If you didn't have the red seat inserts I would have said it might be a bit much (just my opinion), but with the inserts I think the red detailing on the door looks pretty nice.
:burnout:

:thumbsup: Yep.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Re: TORCH RED !

Originally posted by BigBeez03
Orphaner, you gotta love the interior of our 10ths. The red calipers and inserts with the blazing red paint was too much for me to resist. I just love the look of my car, when I walk up on my car when she's parked I just smile in admiration :).

However, I do agree that Ford could have definitely done something more with our interiors, not just the 10ths but all '03s.
I think the interior of the doors could be better and passenger side dash should say COBRA at least. And that's just for starters!

Why? You drive a MUSTANG Cobra. Only place on the whole car that says mustang. Steering wheel says cobra, put together = Mustang Cobra just like your window sticker says.

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Re: Re: TORCH RED !

Originally posted by Sonic 03 Cobra
Why? You drive a MUSTANG Cobra. Only place on the whole car that says mustang. Steering wheel says cobra, put together = Mustang Cobra just like your window sticker says.

Thats true, but ask a Z06 owner what kind of car he has...Chances are he wont say "Vette" he'll say "Z06".:thumbsup:

Tin Knocker

Established Member
The door inserts look good. The seats might be too much red for me, going by the picture. In person it probably looks awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread