Tonight I say goodbye to my pup

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I know the feeling well and am crying here thinking about it.
We also have a pet cemetery. Mostly from past animals that were never really mine or that I was heavily attached to.
My Sebastian is buried right behind the dog yard where he can watch over it and his sister whom is still with us.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I told myself not to read this like I do with every other thread like this. My thoughts are with you, it's tough.

I do this every single time one of these threads come up. It brings a tear to my eyes everytime.

OP I am sorry for your loss, it is so hard to say goodbye.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I tell my wife that if there's a heaven, every dog I've had is there waiting for me. If I make it there and they aren't there I'm putting in for a transfer so that I can be with them.

I'm sorry OP. I know how tough this is. Keep your chin up and keep that dog as close to your heart as possible.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been there, it may have been me who you read about? I sometimes tell the story when people are losing their pup.
I had my last dog for 19 years and decided to put him down because he was having seizures too frequently. I was afraid that his quality of life was getting very low, and I didn't want him to die alone while I was working. I spent the entire day with him, had breakfast at the park, cooked him a meal, laid down and took a nap with him, got him an ice cream and finally took him to the vet appointment. He was dead tired at the end of the day and certainly seemed at peace.
It didn't make it any easier for me. I kept his harness and ashes on my mantle, and a little paw print that they made for me. 19 years with a friend is a long time, I had gotten him when I was around 10 years old.

It made having a dog very difficult. I wanted to get rid of my 6 month old Bull Terrier immediately, and I didn't want another. But the time you get with them is very special, hopefully you made the most of it. You will get a few good pets in your lifetime and you'll carry them with you after they are gone. Even though they are only here a short time, they are fortunate to have lived graced with a loving family, a warm home, good food and good memories. So be happy you had each other.
My bully is 7 now, and I know I won't have him forever but I am lucky to have him now. So I make the best of it.

You're going to feel pretty bad for a while, but eventually it will be a warm memory.

Damn, dude. Well said!

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
COBRA97SVT, the toughest part is when you have to let them go. You gave her a great life, she made you a better man and watched over the kids and house. And you were there with her at the end. In this world, that is not such a bad deal at all.

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
I tell my wife that if there's a heaven, every dog I've had is there waiting for me. If I make it there and they aren't there I'm putting in for a transfer so that I can be with them.

I'm sorry OP. I know how tough this is. Keep your chin up and keep that dog as close to your heart as possible.

Yep, if there are no dogs in heaven, then I'm going wherever they are.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Thanks again guys, nothing worse than seeing her lifeless, she was always on the move! We have a pet Cemetery at my grandpas barn and that is where i buried her. The little one is roaming room to room looking for her pal and my oldest not quite 3 asks for molly as soon as we get home. Momma didn't stay dry eyed for long.

This is why I could never have 2 dogs at the same time. Having one pass then the other dog is wondering where he/she went. It would kill me.

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
COBRA97SVT, the toughest part is when you have to let them go. You gave her a great life, she made you a better man and watched over the kids and house. And you were there with her at the end. In this world, that is not such a bad deal at all.

This is why I could never have 2 dogs at the same time. Having one pass then the other dog is wondering where he/she went. It would kill me.

My last dog was hit by a car, a few hundred yards from my house. I think she was chasing a deer. Anyway losing that dog almost felt worse because of the guilt I suppose. With Molly, she lived a full life and I feel like I did her a favor ending her suffering. Again its definitely not easy.

tvspower

Established Member
OP sorry for your loss.. I posted 2 months back about our 12yr old dying in my wife's arms at the vet.. Still sad when we come home and the house is empty.. Members on here called me to prepare me for the sorrow I would feel and boy were they right. OP .. just remember all the good times. those memories help keep me focused. I joined the local shelter to give back but I couldn't handle the sadness in the dogs eyes everytime I left after walking them. I wanted to take them all but not practical. We travel a lot now so the sadness is leaving me but my wife is a different story.. Having no children by choice our Bailie was the best experience I have experienced in UNCONDITIONAL LOVE..... OP... Good luck and think forward.. It is very hard to do but time seems to heal.... B

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
If i ever get the chance, my question to God will not be "What is the meaning of life?" But "Why in the **** did you make mans best friend's life so short?!"...I will argue the bull shit answer to eternity.

I'm sorry OP! May your pup live on forever in your memory!

Edit: something that is on my dads headstone and tattooed on my arm : What we keep in memory is ours unchanged forever

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread