Tommy Bahama Short Sleeve Button Up Shirts.... Anyone wear them?

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
Just curious if any of you guys own or wear this brand of shirt? I have seen them around, and heard that they are quite cool and comfortable for warm weather. My wife and I are going to Jamaica for our anniversary coming up, and I was thinking about buying a couple to wear in the warm weather. They are 100% silk from what I see.

I guess my question to those of you that do have them is, do they run true to size? My cousin has a couple and he thinks they run bigger than most of his other stuff. I normally wear a XL in T-Shirts, Polo's, button ups, etc. He seems to think I could get by with a Large. My only deal is, I was going to order them off the internet as there isn't a store local to me that sells them. I'd hate to order and not know for sure what size I need.

Thanks in advance!

Blown 89

Established Member
I'm not 70 with 5 grandkids so no, I do not wear them and you shouldn't either.

sleek98

Established Member
I'm not 70 with 5 grandkids so no, I do not wear them and you shouldn't either.

Came in here to say this...

Except I do own one and have worn it for all of 5 hours. Its a white linen version that I needed for my moms wedding, and me waiting until the day before to purchase it left me only one option.

I can look at the size when I get home I usaully wear large t-shirts and i believe that is what I got in this shirt as well. There is a shop on the plaza that sells them if you are in town for something else you can run by to try it on at least.

Last edited:

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
Came in here to say this...

Except I do own one and have worn it for all of 5 hours. Its a white linen version that I needed for my moms wedding, and me waiting until the day before to purchase it left me only one option.

I can look at the size when I get home I usaully wear large t-shirts and i believe that is what I got in this shirt as well. There is a shop on the plaza that sells them if you are in town for something else you can run by to try it on at least.

Ok, I may have to drive down there and try one on so I can be sure of size. I just don't make it to that part of KC that much. I wish there was one in Lenexa, Overland Park, etc. It's a lot closer to my house, lol!

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
I didn't realize so many people thought they were old men shirts, lol. I thought the plain colored ones looked pretty sharp, and thought they might be cooler (temperature wise) to wear rather than cotton around the beach.

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Don't let these guys scare you off with stereotypes. They are extremely comfortable shirts that are good quality and will last. Granted the crazy patterned Hawaiian theme shirts can scream old man on vacation, but if you can find the more plain, solid colored shirts I'd say go for it. Especially if you're at the beach.

04svtterm

Established Member
LOL @ the comments.

Yes tony Bahama has a the label of old man clothing, but they make some good quality shirt. I have a few of the hawaiin pattern shirt for vacations which were given to me as gifts. I'm not a big fan of them, but they do look good in the right setting.

What i do buy is their linen pants, which i love. Their Linen outfits (like most linen) run a little loser. normal shirts i've noticed are true to size and generous in the shoulders and arms which is great for the larger build guys.

HandBanana

Established Member
LOL @ the comments.

Yes tony Bahama has a the label of old man clothing, but they make some good quality shirt. I have a few of the hawaiin pattern shirt for vacations which were given to me as gifts. I'm not a big fan of them, but they do look good in the right setting.

What i do buy is their linen pants, which i love. Their Linen outfits (like most linen) run a little loser. normal shirts i've noticed are true to size and generous in the shoulders and arms which is great for the larger build guys.

Who is Tony Bahama?

Are you telling us your massive guns and shoulders won't fit into normal shirts? Are you Dom Mazzetti?

jbs$

Established Member
Tony Bahama's shirts are generally well made,. From the front, if there is a design pattern, it will line up on both sides of the shirt and across the pocket, if it has one.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I have a closet full of tommy bahama shirts, but not the cheesy button down retirement ones.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tommy-b...rategy=10002&recs_referringPageType=item_page

They are incredibly comfortable. Not necessarily cheap, but you get what you pay for. I have a few solid color button down shirts from there that are extremely comfortable. But yes, buying a button down tommy shirt with a huge fish on the back, or comment about beer or women on it, will land you straight in the retirement home

This below is a no go

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tommy-b...egoryid=2374609&fashionColor=&resultback=1449

Last edited:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
all I can think of is charlie sheen ahaha

Charlie3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread