Today is a sad day for me (car got burned)

Canson

Established Member
Noooooo!!! I remember you were the one that convinced me to put borla ataks on my car... even after everyone told me not to.

Hang in there man, this will work out and you will find another
My man i already miss the sound of Borla so much , it was so unique. Especially here in Sweden. No car did sound even close to it.

Hope your still happy with your Borla ATAK.

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

Canson

Established Member
Update: got email from police department , they put down the investigation because of no clear evidence unfortunately.

got also email from my insurance. They have done the fire inspection of my car. Now they will check the valuation of my car and come up with a prize offer to me.

Will continue update later again when I got more info.

Sorry for my poor english , it's like my 4th language

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry for your loss friend. It’s a heartbreaking story to say the least. Especially how difficult it is to get one across the pond. Bright side is, it can be replaced. Best of luck to ya.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Update: got email from police department , they put down the investigation because of no clear evidence unfortunately.

got also email from my insurance. They have done the fire inspection of my car. Now they will check the valuation of my car and come up with a prize offer to me.

Will continue update later again when I got more info.

Sorry for my poor english , it's like my 4th language

Tip #1
ALWAYS deny the first offer the insurance company makes. Always.

...and your English is great.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Tip #1
ALWAYS deny the first offer the insurance company makes. Always.

...and your English is great.
This.
I’m assuming in any language that insurance first attempt is a low ball.
I’d recommend laying out the true replacement cost in 2021 currency.
Can’t be cheap.
Good luck
-J

claybeatz

Established Member
My man i already miss the sound of Borla so much , it was so unique. Especially here in Sweden. No car did sound even close to it.

Hope your still happy with your Borla ATAK.

You should get a 13-14 gt500 and put the borlas on them. I had to put stock mufflers on my car because I am going catless since I am making way more power now and catless + ataks are way too loud in my town. If you need a pair down the road hit me up because I will give you a screaming deal on them

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Was the polish truck insured? Should be on them first
So sorry for your loss! That’s painful where ever you are

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Canson

Established Member
You should get a 13-14 gt500 and put the borlas on them. I had to put stock mufflers on my car because I am going catless since I am making way more power now and catless + ataks are way too loud in my town. If you need a pair down the road hit me up because I will give you a screaming deal on them
Going to be very hard to find a 13-14 gt500 here. Right now only 1 is for sale which is a 13 grey color with 24k miles for 70k $. Looks like it doesn't even have some factory options. Just electronic package.

Canson

Established Member
Was the polish truck insured? Should be on them first
So sorry for your loss! That’s painful where ever you are

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Not sure really if the truck was insured.

Canson

Established Member
Update: wow got today an offer already from my insurance for my car. Actually impressed it went this fast from their side.

Bought my car in year 2013 for 450 000 swedish kronor (right now in USD 51k $)

It has kept its value well since then.

They offered me 470 000 swedish kronor (53k $)
Minus 1800 swedish kronor for deductible which probably my boss from my company will pay it that little amount. She is kind and know i took my car for work when it happened.

To be honest i am kinda happy with the offer , not bad. Since the value of my car is something like 450-500k swedish kronor in my opinion. Car had 38k miles. I was expecting much lower offer from them like 400k kronor or something.

Will think about it for couple of days and then decide what to do.

If i don't accept the offer then here in Sweden we have something called impartial valuer.

You take an expert who comes up with a valuation of your car. The problem here is if that person puts a lowered valued price than the offer my insurance gave me. Then i must accept the lower offer unfortunately. That's the rules if i am not totally wrong.

If its higher than the offer from my insurance , then my insurance have to accept the higher valued price instead i think.
Not 100% sure about this , just what I read on internet. Haven't been in a situation like this before.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Update: wow got today an offer already from my insurance for my car. Actually impressed it went this fast from their side.

Bought my car in year 2013 for 450 000 swedish kronor (right now in USD 51k $)

It has kept its value well since then.

They offered me 470 000 swedish kronor (53k $)
Minus 1800 swedish kronor for deductible which probably my boss from my company will pay it that little amount. She is kind and know i took my car for work when it happened.

To be honest i am kinda happy with the offer , not bad. Since the value of my car is something like 450-500k swedish kronor in my opinion. Car had 38k miles. I was expecting much lower offer from them like 400k kronor or something.

Will think about it for couple of days and then decide what to do.

If i don't accept the offer then here in Sweden we have something called impartial valuer.

You take an expert who comes up with a valuation of your car. The problem here is if that person puts a lowered valued price than the offer my insurance gave me. Then i must accept the lower offer unfortunately. That's the rules if i am not totally wrong.

If its higher than the offer from my insurance , then my insurance have to accept the higher valued price instead i think.
Not 100% sure about this , just what I read on internet. Haven't been in a situation like this before.

is there an independent evaluation person you can pay a reasonable fee to and get their opinion on a fair price? Then you'd have a better idea of if you should push or not

also id think burned down van guy's insurance should be paying and him be stuck with the deductible

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Can you actually replace your car for that amount? As in buy one in US and import today for that amount? Do they sell Mach 1 in Europe?
Good luck
-J

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
That's what I'm thinking. How much does it cost to get a car like that over there? That cost needs to be calculated in.

**** Biden

Canson

Established Member
I will accept the offer from my insurance. Since i got more than what i paid for my car many years ago.

Similar cars to mine which are -11 goes for just a little bit higher in price than my insurance gave me.

But honestly i am happy with the offer since i tried check for interest of my car before when I put it on for sale and nobody contacted my and gave a price. The price i put was lower than the offer.

Now have to look for a new car for spring next year. Have absolutely no clue what it will.

Dream would be ofcourse a 2020 Shelby GT500 with handling package , if i could buy that car i would never sell it in my life. It has exactly the look , hp and transmission that i look for and want.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I will accept the offer from my insurance. Since i got more than what i paid for my car many years ago.

Similar cars to mine which are -11 goes for just a little bit higher in price than my insurance gave me.

But honestly i am happy with the offer since i tried check for interest of my car before when I put it on for sale and nobody contacted my and gave a price. The price i put was lower than the offer.

Now have to look for a new car for spring next year. Have absolutely no clue what it will.

Dream would be ofcourse a 2020 Shelby GT500 with handling package , if i could buy that car i would never sell it in my life. It has exactly the look , hp and transmission that i look for and want.

Life is short. Grab an S550 GT500 next year and enjoy
-J

Users who are viewing this thread