TOB and retainer sleeve

Fender34

Established Member
Long story short, pulled my transmission to replace my TOB because it was bad and my retainer sleeve is broken. I am a dumb ass for not ordering a new one in the first place so now I need one ASAP. Do you think Ford will even have that in stock or any other parts store maybe? Any advice would help guys, thanks!

RTCOBRA2964

Established Member
Ford may have it but unless the car is absolutely needed immediately, I'd suggest to order at least a LP billet replacement. You're there, no need to skimp on a stock replacement.

Fender34

Established Member
I was going to order LP retainer sleeve but didn't think the sticker would be broken. Car is my DD so it sucks but I probably have to go with and OEM unit. Anyone else know if Ford or some other parts place might keep it in stock?

TRBO VNM

Only ford place that I think might have it would be Tousley and I highly doubt it.

you are better off calling around locally to some performance shops that deal with a lot of terminators and see if someone has something. If you have to order from Tousley, you might as well order the upgrade from Lethal and have it overnighted. Bottom line, suck it up and do it right and rent a car if you have to or bum rides for a couple of days.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Only ford place that I think might have it would be Tousley and I highly doubt it.

you are better off calling around locally to some performance shops that deal with a lot of terminators and see if someone has something. If you have to order from Tousley, you might as well order the upgrade from Lethal and have it overnighted. Bottom line, suck it up and do it right and rent a car if you have to or bum rides for a couple of days.

This.

Rent a car and get the good sleeve. Car rentals are cheap, pulling that trans out again... Not so much.

hotcobra03

Established Member
when i did mine i had a friend going to fortworth for thanksgiving,,he had taken my front cover to tremec themself..to confirm the proper sleeve
costed me 45 bucks...i just cant say if it was the same as taken out..i had 40k on car at this time

ford only sells the front cover ,,however this was back in 05..it worth a call but what helps is ours is pressed in,all the others bolt on..

so i say call tremec,order 1

Last edited:

Fender34

Established Member
Hey guys thanks for the advice!! Got my part brand new from a local transmission shop and got everything installed. The car feels like a brand new car! I still am going to order the lethal one so when I have to do my clutch, I'll throw it in along with a 26 spline input. Thanks for the help guys!!!

hotcobra03

Established Member
Hey guys thanks for the advice!! Got my part brand new from a local transmission shop and got everything installed. The car feels like a brand new car! I still am going to order the lethal one so when I have to do my clutch, I'll throw it in along with a 26 spline input. Thanks for the help guys!!!

how much did they charge?

Fender34

Established Member
He charged me 120 for the part and to install it in the front plate of my transmission. Pretty nice guy

Users who are viewing this thread