to tune or not to tune

BackInBlack

Established Member
Right now I have a 2.76 upper with a stock eaton, JLT hight boost intake, bassani x pipe and catback. The car was in Texas and tuned by stricktly performance. The car is now in Arizona I am changing to the new JLT carbon fiber ram air intake and getting an AFCO h/e. I guess I am wondering if this requires a tune or what you guys think. The car acts up sometimes and I have the stall issue but other than that is fine for now. Do you think I should invest in a hand held programer or just leave it as is? I also plan on moving soon but have know idea where I will be headed (in the military and they are moving me) does the climate/enviroment come into play enough that I should need a tune when I move. By the way it has been 2 years or so since it was last tuned.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
You should at least verify the A/F in the dyno and isn't Texas a 93 octane state and Arizona a 91 octane? Are you planning on running torco

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The HE wont change anything,the intake might.I`d get it tuned just be on the safe side.Having a handheld is a nice tool to have,you can make changes yourself,ie:fan settings,tire size,a/f,etc.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Sounds like you need plugs and a tune anyways. Not trying to sound rude but I'm just saying you got an expensive engine to keep happy.

Last edited:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I would definitely verify A/F to be safe. And a handheld is a great thing to have because even if you need to add a little fuel you can do it without buying a whole new tune.

Last edited:

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Even if nothing changed I would get another tune.

Strictly has blown up more engines then any other shop in Houston.

Users who are viewing this thread