tint or not

• tint

Votes: 133 89.3%
  • clear

Votes: 16 10.7%

• Total voters

SatinSnake

Established Member
I prefer muscle cars to have clear windows, but these 100+ temperatures are getting bad. Thinking about going to the dark side. What's everyone think looks best on a terminator? I'm sure paint color is a factor.

Last edited:

Ford2ner

Established Member
I love black tint no matter what the vehicle! I think it looks sick in a muscle car with a roll cage with no tint though.. If you're going for the badass don't mess with me look. But the tint makes a big difference too if you put up a visor in the windshield I you're at work all day etc..

walked_u_hard

Established Member
Tint of course but make sure you check the tint law in your sate.

All states will vary, i dont know anyone who has been pulled over SOLELY for tint. PA has a law that only allows 70% tint on driver and passenger windows which isnt shit... you wouldn't even notice 70% on a car.

ive been rolling around for the last 5 years with 20% tint on various cars and only got a ticket for tint if i was being naughty and obnoxious.:bash:

so dont do burnouts or speed and you wont get a ticket.:beer:

Same here, the 35% is perfect, you can still see at night, and it blocks out a lot of sun.

35% is the darkest i would go on a silver car IMO

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
i vote yes. i had it on mine and took it off, which i regret doing now. imo, silver cobras look good with light tints, not limo.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
my 03 Silver Metallic with 35% back windows and 70% front..
IMG_6612.jpg

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I've tinted every car until this one. I just want to enjoy it. I feel it adds another thing to worry about.

The tint on my wife's civic just started to bubble. 2007, factory tint. Jut not something I want to mess with on the cobra.....plus it hides my red seats ;)

Aubz

Established Member
I got 20 all around and i,m really happy with it, was considering going darker but i'm glad i didn't.
603093_3687839627178_720982332_n.jpg

Comp281

Established Member
I personally wouldn't do tint since I plan on keeping my car for a long time and every car I've tinted has issues after 5+ years. It starts to get discoloration and dries out/starts to break down. Plus I couldn't bare to watch someone crawl around in my interior while doing the install. I'd have to do it myself but not going to bother. If it was a dd I'd consider it though to protect the interior from the sun. It is always garaged so not an issue.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
def. go with tint. I DO know a lot of people that were stopped just for tint so it does happen. I have 20% on mine all the way around and will put 20% on my 95 when I get it out of the shop

Users who are viewing this thread