To those who doubt theres a good cop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
QuikGT said:
so whats yall's excuse for pulling over a nicer car doing less mph than a shitty one going faster.....honestly i always figured it to be because yall were jealous or something....not being rude but to better keep my self out of trouble what signs should i watch for to keep from being puilled over
?.....

What are you talking about? Jealous about what? That you have an 02 GT? Mark has a Cadillac XLR in his garage and I have a Mercedes CLK Cab. What is there to be jealous of?

The sign you should look for is the "speed limit " sign. Whatever it says in black and white is the speed you should set your speedometer to.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
The sign you should look for is the "speed limit " sign. Whatever it says in black and white is the speed you should set your speedometer to.
But like that last thread, speedos can be off 1-2mph, and then theres hills, especially where i live, you cant use cruise control becuase it will vary the speed a lot. Thats why theres graces in the first place, no ones perfect. So the perosn going 1 mph over gets a ticket while a person going 2 under and almost causing a accident gets of scot free.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
03_Cobra said:
Is a ride-a-long really possible? I think that would be a great experience.

I believe almost every agency has programs for ride-a-longs, give your local PD or sheriff's department a call. If you keep an open mind and with a little luck, it will be an eye-opening experience. Try for a weekend night if possible.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
QuikGT said:
so whats yall's excuse for pulling over a nicer car doing less mph than a shitty one going faster.....honestly i always figured it to be because yall were jealous or something....not being rude but to better keep my self out of trouble what signs should i watch for to keep from being puilled over
?.....

Actually you are right.......I hate shitty cars, especially 02 GT's. :poke:

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
But like that last thread, speedos can be off 1-2mph,
I think its your responsibility to make sure your speedo is correct.

As for cops being jealous...we drive Mustangs on this forum, not Ferraris. We get more attention becasue with gears and exhaust our cars are loud. Also, most Mustang drivers are youn men.....the age group that tends to speed/drive recklessly the most ( according to my insurance company :fm: ) So it would make sense that this group would get some attention.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
97snake said:
I think its your responsibility to make sure your speedo is correct.

As for cops being jealous...we drive Mustangs on this forum, not Ferraris. We get more attention becasue with gears and exhaust our cars are loud. Also, most Mustang drivers are youn men.....the age group that tends to speed/drive recklessly the most ( according to my insurance company :fm: ) So it would make sense that this group would get some attention.
yea, but the needle is wide enough to have a mile or tow diffrence.

99cobraclone

Established Member
Wow I would love to get pulled over for 5 mph over. What the hell was that cop thinking if you were getting passed by all of those other cars? I don't think any cop in PA would pull someone over for going 5 mph over. Maybe in NJ but not in PA. I really doubt all of these cops that say "do the speed limit" really do the speed limit.

BaD$NaKe99

Established Member
mswaim said:
Officers who exceed the limit by a few miles are normally responding to calls, otherwise they would be driving slower to assist them in observing traffic, pedestrians, etc.

I don't have an issue with driving the speed limit at all times as long as you don't have an issue with me being late when you really need me. :beer:

Editted by Moderator.

Please read all the stickies at the top of the threads page. Please follow the guidelines set up for the Donut Shop. If you can not follow them and post constructively, you will be denied access to this forum.

thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator:

NameBlast44

Established Member
why are some of you people being mean? guy was just trying to share a story

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
NameBlast44 said:
why are some of you people being mean? guy was just trying to share a story

Welcome to the Donut Shop. This forum has specific guidelines set forth, please go to the top of the threads page and read all the stickies. That will help you to understand how and why this particular forum is moderated.

This is not the forum to bitch and moan about a ticket or traffic stop. This is not the forum to flame, use derogatory comments or flippant remarks about L.E. or L.E.O.s.

Thank you for your cooperation.

sharkall2003

Your everyday white pimp
Established Member
Another reason to not speed. I speed maybe once every 20 times I drive or when I am on a country road where I know there are no cops because I have scopped out the area. Still I get really nervous when speeding out there because I have the lowest insurance rates that you can get for a 17 year old.

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
I don't get one thing. Even if other drivers are speeding why would you speed when you KNOW the officer is behind you?
My guess would be the officer is behind you because you got his attention or interest. Why not jsut go the speed limit till he decides that he isn;t going to pull you over? Thats what I do.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
97snake said:
I don't get one thing. Even if other drivers are speeding why would you speed when you KNOW the officer is behind you?
My guess would be the officer is behind you because you got his attention or interest. Why not jsut go the speed limit till he decides that he isn;t going to pull you over? Thats what I do.
becuase i was going with the flow (actually slower) and so i didnt think he was going to pull me over for 4-5 over since he had plenty of other people going 6-8 over.

keebs888

Predictably unpredictable
Established Member
From what retired officers in GA have told me, there is a MANDATORY 10mph grace period inside city limits. Some sort of anti-speedtrap law.

To share a story of my own: I had a 92 Fox coupe a few years ago, and when I got it, it had white face gauge overlays in it. I drove the car for months always doing 62, my normal cruise speed. One night I got pulled over. The officer said i was going 70, which was a surprise to me. So I told him that my speedo must be off. We got back into our cars and he followed me for about 5 miles after that (per my request) and clocked me. Sure enough, my speedo was off. I had been going 70 the entire time and didn't even know it. He was very polite, didn't even give me a warning. I just knew from that point on to drive with the needle on 54....til I did the gear/speedo gear swap that is.

-keith

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
I understand what you are saying and I've been in your position before BUT I don't go over the limit for one simple reason--> You really have no idea what is going on in the officer's head or why he is behind you so why even give him a reason to pull you over. I usually put the cruise control on 2-3 mph under the limit and wait for the cop to move on.

Also, if a cop is on you a$$ he may suspect you of doing something/ be running the plates/ or God only knows what else. If his suspisions are aroused to the point where he is following you then he most likely is not going to take off after someone going 6 mph over the limit until he has determined that he isnt going to pull you over.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
97snake said:
I understand what you are saying and I've been in your position before BUT I don't go over the limit for one simple reason--> You really have no idea what is going on in the officer's head or why he is behind you so why even give him a reason to pull you over. I usually put the cruise control on 2-3 mph under the limit and wait for the cop to move on.

Also, if a cop is on you a$$ he may suspect you of doing something/ be running the plates/ or God only knows what else. If his suspisions are aroused to the point where he is following you then he most likely is not going to take off after someone going 6 mph over the limit until he has determined that he isnt going to pull you over.
yea, im sure he saw a 19 yr old in a mustang w/ loud exhaust and that probably got him intrested. so goes owning a mustang.

QuikGT

Banned
mswaim said:
Actually you are right.......I hate shitty cars, especially 02 GT's. :poke:

by shitty--you mean faster than your xlr ????? :burn: oh it might be the jealousy thing... your a retired leo and drive a decent car while im 21 and have a pretty quick car.....what did you drive when you were 21???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread