To lower or not? Remember, I live in WV with our sketchy road quality.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Still debating on the lowering. I got the H&R Sport Springs to put on, 1.3" lower in the front and 2" lower in the back, but as a daily and with crappy roads I am reconsidering now that the factory springs have settled a little. I got new wheels that I will be putting on (pic attached) along with 245 section width tires to beef things up from the factory 225 section width tires. Same diameter.

Again, with our roads and this being my daily I worry about ruining the utility of it. Not sure if it needs lowered or not. What do you guys think?

Pardon the dirt from this morning in the attached pic.

Attachments

• PXL_20231214_124214156.jpg
    PXL_20231214_124214156.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Maverick Wheels Drag DR 73.jpg
    Maverick Wheels Drag DR 73.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 59

TORQUERULES

Established Member
It is hard to find level ground around my work, btw. But I think you can get an idea. Also, tint is coming in 2 weeks. I just noticed how CLEAR the front side windows are!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
since it's the street truck look you're going for I would at least lower the rear to level it or close to level. Maybe its the pic but looks like the front is lowish to start with

TORQUERULES

Established Member
since it's the street truck look you're going for I would at least lower the rear to level it or close to level. Maybe its the pic but looks like the front is lowish to start with
The front is 3/4 and inch lower than the rear. It would be nice to just lower the rear about 1/2 or so and if I could take out the upper isolator it might give me that (use a hose over the coil to dampen noise), but I do not think the coil would seat properly. They are wound in a way that they are not even close to flat on either end, and the rubber upper isolator is made to help position it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The front is 3/4 and inch lower than the rear. It would be nice to just lower the rear about 1/2 or so and if I could take out the upper isolator it might give me that (use a hose over the coil to dampen noise), but I do not think the coil would seat properly. They are wound in a way that they are not even close to flat on either end, and the rubber upper isolator is made to help position it.

I know jack shit about these trucks, are they solid axle with leaf springs in the back? if so is there an option for different blocks or drop shackles?

TORQUERULES

Established Member
The pictured ones are progressive as they are both aftermarket. The stock ones are not. I'll find a pic of stock ones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread