Tires: Drag Radials vs Stiff Wall Slicks

ZWilson07

Established Member
Not yet, I've heard some people who had issues with ABS

Read on the newer gt500's, they just unhook the abs electronic hookup near the rear of the car and it disables the system from shutting it all down when you go to engage the line lock.

Then they just plug the connector back in when they are done at the track, and make their way home.

I dont know if its a similar traction control/abs system on the other cars but figured id throw it out there anyways.

Unrealford

Established Member
Read on the newer gt500's, they just unhook the abs electronic hookup near the rear of the car and it disables the system from shutting it all down when you go to engage the line lock.

Then they just plug the connector back in when they are done at the track, and make their way home.

I dont know if its a similar traction control/abs system on the other cars but figured id throw it out there anyways.

Great info thanks, as long as it's like mine and after track I reconnect it, the light isn't on dash that will be fine, thanks

ZWilson07

Established Member
Great info thanks, as long as it's like mine and after track I reconnect it, the light isn't on dash that will be fine, thanks

As far as what I read you will be fine.

For them, it wont work because of the Advance Trak/Traction Control system even with it turned off because of the ABS. The ABS senses it and still kicks the system in to cut power when you go to engage the line lock.

So they disconnect the ABS sensor near the rear drivers side wheel to take care of that problem and allow the use of Line Lock and no traction control system. So I would assume in theory that it will probably throw a code showing the sensor is disconnected but will go away as soon as you plug it back up before leaving the track.

J.Shoot

Established Member
M/T et streets

I put Dark Stars on my Boss also, I'm running 295-55-15 M/T ET streets. I put 10" wheels on the back also and had to do the same relocation brackets and work on the sway bar a little. After all of it was done it looks and works great. The car is hookin hard, so far my best 60' time is 1.67 and ran a 7.30 in the 1/8th.
My goal is to get down to hi 6's, it won't be long..... I hope. :burnout:

dazwelding

Established Member
I put Dark Stars on my Boss also, I'm running 295-55-15 M/T ET streets. I put 10" wheels on the back also and had to do the same relocation brackets and work on the sway bar a little. After all of it was done it looks and works great. The car is hookin hard, so far my best 60' time is 1.67 and ran a 7.30 in the 1/8th.
My goal is to get down to hi 6's, it won't be long..... I hope. :burnout:

Sounds like those wheels/tires are working great for you! Are you still running the stock wheels up front? Stock suspension?

debit_free_2010

Established Member
question, can the 295 fit on a 15x8 rim, not looking to do the sway relo if i can avoid it

Yes that 295/55 will "fit" on an 8" wheel but it'll bulge quite a bit.

I'm running a 29x9" slick on an 8" wheel, they have a little less tread width than those 295's and they bulge pretty good.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
question, can the 295 fit on a 15x8 rim, not looking to do the sway relo if i can avoid it

I am running a 295/40-17 MT DR on a stock 17x8 '00 GT rim... It was going to be a temporary set up wheel wise, but it hooks so well and I didn't have to touch the suspension I am staying with it for now. In limited use I have done a 1.70 60ft 100% stock car and suspension.

J.Shoot

Established Member
Update....

I got a set of slicks for the car. Took my 60' time to a 1.50, best 1/8 mile now is 6.77 and 1/4 is 10.50.
The slicks make a huge difference. I highly recommend them for the track.
J.Shoot

Users who are viewing this thread