Tired of meeting "tool" or highly uneducated Terminator owners...

NewDuuude

Established Member
this was before my last deployment.

i was at work and i noticed one of the officers driving up in this silver vert. its lowered, looks to have factory chrome rims on all 4 corners and has bassani stickers...
he parks it in his spot and i notice hes a captain. i walk up and salute him and tell him he has a nice terminator. i ask him what hes done to it and he says, "intake, exhaust, upper/lower pulleys and a tune." he then grins and tells me it makes over 600hp. (we are in camp horno which is in the middle/upper portion of camp pendleton... so i know hes not running e85 and i doubt hes running 100+ octane since ive seen him drive it to work on multiple occasions.)
i LOL'd to myself. it was pretty hard to keep contained but i did it without breaking my bearing.
he then asks me if i have one and i say, "yes, its the black one parked over there in the gym parking lot" i point at it and then say. "it has a 2.9L whipple."
i could tell right away he knew that i knew he was full of shit. he promptly says he should get going and powerwalks away.
made my day.

Lol if you mention your horsepower without being asked you're already full of it..

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
Lol. Been there. I had a guy asking me about my cobra , said he hated mustangs but he liked mine. I answered all his questions while looking next door at his rusted out 86 Monte Carlo with a huge tach mounted on the dash. He began to tell me that it also had close to 500 rwhp. I knew it was BS just by looking at and hearing the car run . It was obviously just a stock 305 .
I run into him a few months later and the topic of cars came up again so i asked him about his monster . He told me that he cllimbed underneath to have a look around and noticed that the frame rails were completely rusted out . He told me that he built the car so it left me wondering ... If you build a 500 hp car , wouldn't that be the first thing you would check ? Maybe make sure the car has a good solid platform to build from ? I would have thought that sometime during the "build" he would have noticed . Anyway , complete bs and extremely frustrating to talk cars with .

Last edited:

KaotikGT

Established Member
At a weekend long car show today I'm talking to my friend that has an 02 Saleen. Guy from a new mustang club walks up so we start talking. Come to fing out club guy has a 40th anniversary GT with a tune and a dohc engine that makes 400hp. We let him finish and walk away any we both just start laughing. This was a 50-55 year old guy. Guess stupidity has no age limits.

watman02

Established Member
had a guy at the track (he seemed drunk so..) tell me my car was really cool then proceded to tell me about his 8sec Fox with a 337 stroker and speed car that was street legal?? WTF. So i asked him where it was and he said they wouldnt let him run it as it was street legal night!!! my buddy about died laughing. lol

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
It's one thing to be knowledgeable about carsand talk smack , It's another thing if you know nothing about cars and talk like you know everything . I personally do not know everything, and i keep my mouth shut when i don't know what i'm talking about and listen and learn . It's simple . Some just don't get it .

mrose75

Established Member
It's one thing to be knowledgeable about carsand talk smack , It's another thing if you know nothing about cars and talk like you know everything . I personally do not know everything, and i keep my mouth shut when i don't know what i'm talking about and listen and learn . It's simple . Some just don't get it .

This, and not just cars.... Everything.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
this was before my last deployment.

i was at work and i noticed one of the officers driving up in this silver vert. its lowered, looks to have factory chrome rims on all 4 corners and has bassani stickers...
he parks it in his spot and i notice hes a captain. i walk up and salute him and tell him he has a nice terminator. i ask him what hes done to it and he says, "intake, exhaust, upper/lower pulleys and a tune." he then grins and tells me it makes over 600hp. (we are in camp horno which is in the middle/upper portion of camp pendleton... so i know hes not running e85 and i doubt hes running 100+ octane since ive seen him drive it to work on multiple occasions.)
i LOL'd to myself. it was pretty hard to keep contained but i did it without breaking my bearing.
he then asks me if i have one and i say, "yes, its the black one parked over there in the gym parking lot" i point at it and then say. "it has a 2.9L whipple."
i could tell right away he knew that i knew he was full of shit. he promptly says he should get going and powerwalks away.
made my day.

I worked with a officer that had a Lightning when I had mine. I never drove mine to work because it wasn't practical. he officer got one and didnt know about mine. At the time I also had a 93 Cobra and when he got his and I heard him in a formation talking about how bad his Lightning was. I actually drove mine to work that day because it was before we were going on a 96. One of his buddies said man that thing is bad! The problem was the friend of the officer was talking about the red one in the parking lot and not his black one. I just grinned when the officer said no mine is the black one. His friend said I thought you would have been driving red one. Have you seen it? I was so happy when his fiend came over to see mine and the officer just drove home and didn't even come over to check it out.

JrSVT

Established Member
Funny post OP...on the flip side I like to talk about my car and down play what it is. I remember when I had just the stock eaton and 2.76 upper/maf/exhaust and tune...I was visiting my family back home and went to the track. I had MT drag radials on the car and was running 7.60's in the 1/8th.

A guy came over to check it out and was asking about the car. I told him it was just a basic CAI/pulley/exhaust/tune car and he was asking all kinds of questions. I was replying on the conservative side and later he said he knew quite a few Terminator owners and that they always talked their cars up, claiming more HP and outlandish things like the OP posted. He also said he respected me for telling it like it is and that for the mods I had done to the car it was running well.

I always tell the truth about how the car performs and the mods done because you never know who you're talking to and how knowledgable they are.

Jr.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I dont lie about my car, why?....... Cause of threads like this ya get called out and look like a chump!

I just say what it has and what I think it will do cause I never dynoed it. I also never believe HP gains on bolt on parts, I add about what 1/2 they claim.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
toolbags are everywhere. Seems like if you have a performance car you attract that crowd of morons that try to impress you with their knowledge about cars and mechanical ability. Had this bad mother ****er working for us as a lube tech tell me he could build a 383 stroker with 5k, put it in a 90's iroc, and it would be faster than the '12 GT500 coming off the truck as this convo was happening, and it might even be able to keep up with my 2.8 upper only,(intake tune exhaust) Terminator. First problem with that line of shit jr. is that the Shelby is faster than mine already so you have it backwards and dont know the first thing about it. Knew a lot about workng on cars too. He smoked the wheel bearings on his 2wd pickup doing a simple repack, put the nut on with an impact!:lol::lol::bash:

Last edited:

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
If you want to meet some real "Tools" go buy a DeLorean and take it to local car shows.

I used to have a 1981 DeLorean and the crap from "experts" at car shows would blow your mind!

Out of the 100 or so car shows I have been to I only found a small handful that really knew anything about the car.

Here are a few links if anybody wants to check out my old car and some DeLorean stuff.
Marks Delorean Progress album | Snextime | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.
DMCH Open House 2005 album | Snextime | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.
DCS06 You are missing it. album | Snextime | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.
DMC Midwest Open House album | Snextime | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
Cool

If you want to meet some real "Tools" go buy a DeLorean and take it to local car shows.

I used to have a 1981 DeLorean and the crap from "experts" at car shows would blow your mind!

Out of the 100 or so car shows I have been to I only found a small handful that really knew anything about the car.

Here are a few links if anybody wants to check out my old car and some DeLorean stuff.
Marks Delorean Progress album | Snextime | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.
DMCH Open House 2005 album | Snextime | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.
DCS06 You are missing it. album | Snextime | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.
DMC Midwest Open House album | Snextime | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

How cool would it be to have a Terminator motor in one of those cars? all about a time machine!

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
As far as Terminators, there's only a handful around here and most of them know their shit..however I love the "car guys" who are uneducated. I work with a lot of older guys at the Jeep plant here in Ohio and they all have their carb'd 350 chevys with a 3/4 race cam and saturday night special 2500 rpm stall converter in their (insert Camaro, El Camino, Monte Carlo here) and look at me like I'm an idiot when I tell them my stock 04 Cobra makes 450hp to the tires with just a pulley swap, and tell me there's no way my car runs mid 11s with just a pulley and tune. Can't help but just laugh at these guys.

Users who are viewing this thread