Tired of meeting "tool" or highly uneducated Terminator owners...

Emwun Garand

Established Member
I got a local Cobra owner to me (actually right around the street) that I helped change his rear brakes on cause he's a 100% douche bag and he's telling me how he's going to do this and that and blah blah blah....... He has a mystichrome and it looks like crap! It's really ashame.....

Why not take the time to teach him some things?

03cobraracer

Established Member
In fact it is the complete opposite here in Jersey. A terminator owner will claim 550 hp all the while really making over 700. So now the running joke around my circle is 12lbs of boost 476 hp lol. Gotta love the tri state....

haha SO true! ive played that game many times, im over that though ill tell what it makes i dont care. but right now i honestly dont know cause its not done yet lol

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm actually glad this is happening elsewhere, I see this all to often. I'm a little older and wiser now lol, I have no reason to lie what my car makes for hp, someones always faster and I'm ok with that. My uncle had a late 80's foxbody he was trying to sell for someone he knew. The kid killed himself and his parents were trying to sell his mustang. He was claiming it was FAST and had 600hp! The thing was beyond a piece of crap rusted out stock carb 5.0 with aftermarket headers.

Last edited:

NJredfire03

Established Member
I don't talk to people about my car ever, cus then it's always "I have this" or "My brother's uncle's cousin has this"... NONSENSE!

this! I have some friends who are serious gearheads and know what I'm talking about and that's always fun. But when one of my friends goes and tells kids that I have a Cobra, that's when the above mentioned happens.

On the actual topic of this thread, I haven't run into other 03/04 Cobra owners at all. I have two friends from childhood that own 03 cobra's and I BS with them about the cars. I will say this website has educated me GREATLY on these cars as well as boost and fuel in general. And I am comfortable knowing that I could call out any BS that may come my way in the future.

I love my cobra, it's been a pity that I have not been able to take care of it the way it should be. My lack of having a garage or even a house's driveway to keep it outta harms way has damaged the paint, and rusted the under side. I am embarrassed to bring my car out to show it off, but by no means will I ever lie about what I have as far as upgrades and power. She just needs a paint job and some real good TLC on the underbody. Nothing thats irreversable

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Might as well be stock with the times you run

o4Zw4.gif

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
OP speaks the truth. I sold my 03 a couple years ago, if you think the owners are bad wait until you see the idiots come out of the woodwork when you try to sell your Cobra. I waited over a year to unload the parts I had for it to avoid them. I live near South Jersey and Philly and Delawhere so you can imagine. I wanted to set the car on fire. And people on forums seem cool, but it's about 50/50 when you meet them.

Last edited:

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Local kid has a 2V with straight pipes and every single time I see him he puts it in neutral(auto car) and revs and revs and asks if i want to "run that little 302", I just laugh and tell him I am horrified of that thing in the most sarcastic/smart ass way and continue on my way.

Him and his 3 buddies built race cars and always want to "go to Philly and run them" the other 2 are 2nd and 3rd gen eclipses'....

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I really enjoy messing with those toolbags. I usually just let them go on talking shit thinking I believe them and when they're finished I call them out on everything and explain to them how and why they are wrong and have no idea what they're talking about.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
LOL, this is a funny thread. Trust me, it is not just Cobra owners, Just go an talk to a bunch of ricers about cars for 10 mins...if you can handle it.

Reminds me a video I seen on here a few years back...think it may have been a spoof (can't remember), but it was funny as hell. Maybe one of the old time members still has it? Post it up please...too funny

gabe1530

Banned
this was before my last deployment.

i was at work and i noticed one of the officers driving up in this silver vert. its lowered, looks to have factory chrome rims on all 4 corners and has bassani stickers...
he parks it in his spot and i notice hes a captain. i walk up and salute him and tell him he has a nice terminator. i ask him what hes done to it and he says, "intake, exhaust, upper/lower pulleys and a tune." he then grins and tells me it makes over 600hp. (we are in camp horno which is in the middle/upper portion of camp pendleton... so i know hes not running e85 and i doubt hes running 100+ octane since ive seen him drive it to work on multiple occasions.)
i LOL'd to myself. it was pretty hard to keep contained but i did it without breaking my bearing.
he then asks me if i have one and i say, "yes, its the black one parked over there in the gym parking lot" i point at it and then say. "it has a 2.9L whipple."
i could tell right away he knew that i knew he was full of shit. he promptly says he should get going and powerwalks away.
made my day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread