Time Is Here List Your Winter Mods

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
WOW!!! You guys really considering that?
I guess you could offset the cost by selling all your old hardware. That would lessen the sting allot. If you're seriously going to think about this I'd go for the works. All the parts are in one kit. Be a shame after all that work was done the current engine!

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
for that price you could turbo the saleen or get a stroker mod motor with s/c. for what your getting i dont think its worth it. Might as well get an 03/04 if you really want that engine

Joe5.0

Established Member
This is what i plan on doing and my estimates on hp and torque.
HP Torque

Stock: 340 Rwhp 350 Rwtq
BBk Longtubes/ BBk Catted xpipe 355 Rwhp 370 Rwtq
Jlt Intake 365 Rwhp 385 Rwtq
BBK 75mmtb 375 Rwhp 400 Rwtq
90mm Maf 395 Rwhp 420 Rwtq
Preadator or Sct 410 Rwhp 430 Rwtq
Dyno tune 420 Rwhp 440 Rwtq
Fliudlyne radiator KEEP THINGS COOL
Gords ford heat exchanger. KEEP THINGS COOL
Fuel Pump
42 Lbs injectors.

Can the stock heads handle this much power and torque with a safe tune and Shifts no farther than 6k RPM?

Tylerb59

Established Member
Of course, 909 on Stangnet was making ~650RWHP on stock heads.

Honestly I skip a lot of this BS with the Saleen blower and get a real one ... perhaps a Kenne Bell. I know if I made 340 some odd horsepower while a bone stock GT at the same dyno made 400rwhp I'd be pretty pissed.

It's a heck of a lot cheaper, with the right bolt ons you can make some pretty good "Cobra killing" power out of your 2v motor. As long as you have or get some forged internals you're good to go.
:beer:

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Heads are not the issue. Its the short block. You can go a long way on a stock block. Its all in the tune. The old 5.0's could go 600ish with no worries,..as long as the tune was in it. Sure you may not have forged pistons but for what you're asking of the block hp wise you'll be fine. I ran my 93 up to 550hp for the whole time I was in Germany without a prob with the stock shortblock.

Greg

Joe5.0

Established Member
Thanx alot greg i love it when you guys re-asure me and my dad. With all this in mind, did carb sonnection do a good job tuning? and should we do predator or Sct. 400rwhp with a safe good tune sounds great.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Dont get that cobra motor...just buy a cobra..lol....take it in on what cylinders are workign........JK....hmmm lots of work to do... dont forget to turn up the boost

rick

Joe5.0

Established Member
yea but absolutely everyhting is new. Motor, clutch, supercharger, and both times were my dads fault. Like greg said if the une is right and safe 400rwhp and 420rwtq ish will hold up.

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
Originally posted by Shangsta
Im with Rick on this one. With all the luck you guys have i dont wanna even think what would start happining at 400+ hp

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Some things to keep in mind. In order to have a great/good tune you need,... check that, you MUST have good fuel and ignition systems. Thats what we adjust and thats what you'll need. You will have no prob making the number with the right parts and tune. You guys are at a slight disadvantage being a 2V but its going to run great once you get the parts on there. There are plenty of badass 2V's out there.

As for the Cobra motor. It may end up being a can of worms that you wish you would have never opened. Not too many folks out there trying that swap so you'd be on your own. It would be way cool but the expense would be huge. Save the money and get yourself another stang or make a monster of that sweet Saleen!
BTW. Stick to a plan and go with it. You're almost on the road to wasting your hard earned dough. The experimenting has been done by many. Read the mags, check the net and talk to as many as you can for the right combo for you guys. Winter lasts a long time here (to me at least) so theres plenty of time to make a solid plan!

Greg

ps - How many Cobras do you see vs Saleens?
I see 1 Cobra for every 100 Vettes and 1 Saleen to every 10 Cobras!

Users who are viewing this thread