Time Is Here List Your Winter Mods

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
No money for mods, got a baby on the way and a wife that is unable to work due to her sickness......but I am always willing to help you take yours off so we can send it to apten for that special...

Rick

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I dont think I'll be doing the port. Just the 2# lower. Springs and such also on the list. We'll see.

Greg

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'm really torn. H&R's look really good but dont want it scraping everywhere I go. The race set looks good with the M&M isolators. I'll be looking at Steedas and Kenny Browns. The important thing for me is to lower it and get rid of the wheel hop.

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
i dont think you can get rid of wheel hop from lowering it..
its the suspension...IRS...

Joe5.0

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
I'm really torn. H&R's look really good but dont want it scraping everywhere I go. The race set looks good with the M&M isolators. I'll be looking at Steedas and Kenny Browns. The important thing for me is to lower it and get rid of the wheel hop.

Steeda Superlite sport springs. 15% lighter than others, "drag launch Spring kit, increase wieght transfer for more traction while maintaining ride quality and street handling" lower the car 1 and 1/4 inches

^direct quote form steeda :rolling:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
If you check it out the coilovers do rid 90% of wheelhop. The lowering is a byproduct. Bushings, wider tires, adjustable shocks and subframes help as well.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Yea she's still up there! The pic in my sig is actually with my old rims. The new 18s make it a little better but it still needs to be lower.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Well after last night I have two lists.
1. Go handling/ride cuz I cant launch my own car so why get more power....
2. Get the ported blower/lower pulley/NOS to play catchup after my horrible launches.
Whatcha guys think?

Joe5.0

Established Member
First things first TRACTION. Nitto drag radials do the trick, when i went for a ride in ricks car when he had nittos on he launched at like 3k and one chirp of the tires and we were gone. They Grip!

C Weil

Established Member
mean saleen said:
So if the tune is right with a solid safe 11.1 a/f 450rwhp is achievable with the stock block, rods pistons, crank, oil pump, rockers, springs, lifters cams at around 6krpm no higher?

I don't think 450rwhp is achievable with the Series IV blower without doing some SERIOUS heads, cams, cam timing, and ported the blower manifold. Saleen's manifolds just absolutely blow. Two 180 degree turns...hhhmm, that doesn't sound like a restriction! There was another Series IV owner who did all that and could get anywhere near 450rwhp. The only reason the S281-Es get around 450rwhp is because they're running a blower with over 1.5x the displacement. Even so, they don't make very much power because the manifold design is crappy! There's a guy on various boards who pulled his car to make 18lbs of boost (from the stock 12) and gained about 20 rwhp (?!). The limiting factor is just the airflow through the manifold.

On the stock block you can make 600rwhp if you really wanted, but IMO anything above 400ish and you're just a time bomb. Hell, even below that! Even on a great tune, it's always a matter of time and chance.

Btw, MSD Ignition modules are only for pre-'99 Mustangs that didn't have coil-on-plug ignition. The only real ignition upgrade for Mustangs are the Kenne Bell boost-a-spark, but it really won't help you gain any horsepower.

If you want to go all-out on the power, you're going to have to go crazy on the heads, port the blower manifold, and do anything you can to get more airflow. Unfortunately I don't think that blower design is going to be any more efficient above 12lbs. Hell, the Series II barely made any extra horsepower between 6 and 10lbs!

Oh, and IMO, suspension first!! As was said, subframes should be, in my opinion, the first mod.

6 days until I'm home to start my winter mods!

Joe5.0

Established Member
I can get 450rwhp outa the series IV but thats gonna be the limit.Ill forge the block before that happens.

C Weil

Established Member
Did you not read what I just wrote?

It's going to take a lot more work than you think. I'm pretty sure nobody has gotten 450rwhp out of them before. Just trying to be realistic. Good blower, bad manifold. It'll cost a lot more than just buying a Kenne Bell. If you want serious power, Saleen stuff isn't the route to go.

Joe5.0

Established Member
C Weil said:
Did you not read what I just wrote?

It's going to take a lot more work than you think. I'm pretty sure nobody has gotten 450rwhp out of them before. Just trying to be realistic. Good blower, bad manifold. It'll cost a lot more than just buying a Kenne Bell. If you want serious power, Saleen stuff isn't the route to go.

Yea i read what you wrote lol.

C Weil

Established Member
Lol, mod party sounds good if I ever get mine done!!! Shit I have so much to do. I'll be helping a buddy with his car, too (he'll hopefully be helping me), so there's a lot to do. He's got, among multiple other cars, what will be a cammed up, built, vortech'd cobra. Awesome!

I'm becoming less and less sure I'll finish it over the break, though, because fuel system is late, Dane @ Brad's won't for some reason tell me when the turbo kit will arrive (so I'm going to be calling HP myself tomorrow), so that's probably going to be late, too, and who knows what else. Sigh. Maybe this summer?

...goddamnit.

Users who are viewing this thread