Time for new rotors

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It looks like Troy has dibs on those rotors.

Nice Bruce. Too bad you couldn't use them for a template and start producing them.

2013-02-02_1019.png

Greg:

We do sell 13" SN-95 2 pc front rotors for Cobra's now. ;-) We have them in two weights, street strip and heavy duty road race:

FT 8000 and FT 8000 HD

FTBR Brake Parts

Going trough some of my stuff piled in my warehouse I ran across some Cobra brake pads for PBR calipers. Some track and street pads. If anyone is looking for some Hawk Blue pads or Brembo street pads check these out:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...s-pbr-calipers-track-street.html#post12702740

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Yup you should be getting some mail soon Bruce. I shipped I out during lunch:coolman:

All I need now are track pads and going to pick up some titanium spacers and will be ready to hit the track! Well I do have to season the rotors though..... Bruce I do that using my street pads then just bed in the track pads once I get to the track right?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Yup you should be getting some mail soon Bruce. I shipped I out during lunch:coolman:

All I need now are track pads and going to pick up some titanium spacers and will be ready to hit the track! Well I do have to season the rotors though..... Bruce I do that using my street pads then just bed in the track pads once I get to the track right?
Troy:

Correct. Try and run those rotors on the street with street pads for as long as you can. This will season the rotors for optimal performance.

Then when the time comes to go to the track bed your track pads to the same rotors according to the pad manufacturer's recommendations. Once you're at that point you want to keep them as dedicated track rotors and not go back to running street pads on them. Also keep in mind that many track pads are not compatible with other manufacturer's track pads.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Troy:

Correct. Try and run those rotors on the street with street pads for as long as you can. This will season the rotors for optimal performance.

Then when the time comes to go to the track bed your track pads to the same rotors according to the pad manufacturer's recommendations. Once you're at that point you want to keep them as dedicated track rotors and not go back to running street pads on them. Also keep in mind that many track pads are not compatible with other manufacturer's track pads.

sounds good, the brembo blank im buying from you are for the track only. I already have steet rotors and pads. I just need a set of track pads and i'll be good.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Greg:

We do sell 13" SN-95 2 pc front rotors for Cobra's now. ;-) We have them in two weights, street strip and heavy duty road race:

FT 8000 and FT 8000 HD

FTBR Brake Parts

Going trough some of my stuff piled in my warehouse I ran across some Cobra brake pads for PBR calipers. Some track and street pads. If anyone is looking for some Hawk Blue pads or Brembo street pads check these out:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...s-pbr-calipers-track-street.html#post12702740

Bruce, I remember seeing those a couple years ago, but I didn't know you were selling them. I wish I had picked up a set instead of the Colman's I had for a while.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce, I remember seeing those a couple years ago, but I didn't know you were selling them. I wish I had picked up a set instead of the Colman's I had for a while.

Greg we are also making a custom set of four SN-95 front and rear for a customer in lightweight drag race configuration. The rotor rings are at the plater right now and when we get them back we're going to shoot some pics of them sitting on the scale. My estimate is less than 13# for the fronts and about 8.5# for the rears.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Greg we are also making a custom set of four SN-95 front and rear for a customer in lightweight drag race configuration. The rotor rings are at the plater right now and when we get them back we're going to shoot some pics of them sitting on the scale. My estimate is less than 13# for the fronts and about 8.5# for the rears.

Would you have replacements available for a 14" Brembo GT kit on an SN95?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Would you have replacements available for a 14" Brembo GT kit on an SN95?

Right now we DO have the floating rotor ring that goes on that Brembo kit. That is what I run on BOTH of my SN-95 cars. It's also the same rotor ring that fits my 2012 Boss 302S, Subaru's, Evo's, Corvettes and many other 355mm x 32mm applications.

I also have one set of 14" hats for the SN-95 as well. Direct replacement for the Brembo and bobbins are also identical. The only difference is the anti-rattle attaching hardware, otherwise everything is 100% interchangeable.

We are currently exploring the possibility of making a SN-95 14" Brembo front conversion kits. It will be with Brembo calipers and our caliper mounting bracket, floating hat and rotor assembly.

Stay tuned.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I didn't want to make a new thread for a silly question so I figured I would just post here.

I bought a reuseable clip so I dont have to deal with the oem style on quick pad changed and curious to how people that use a clip like this stops the arm from resting on the rotor? Does it even matter?

AC8806F7-E4CB-4BE4-8E7C-07362BF4CDC0-7292-000005E30CB20FE7_zps607e2450.jpg

IMG_2259_zpsb47e964a.jpg

SVT_Troy

Established Member
You can drill a small hole in the caliper bracket and hammer in a roll pin to keep it off the rotor.

I may try that..... I got this part number from the forums as a easy replacement for the stock style pin and C-clip. I never paid attention nor noticed how big the arm was and that it would rest on the rotor. I han't been able to find any of the threads to look at what they did.....

MFE

Established Member
Or just use some light wire to tie it in position relative to the bracket, which is what I've been doing for years.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I'm pretty set on cutting off the arm thats hanging completely and putting a spring clip on the back side. It will still remove easy and be totally out of the way.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I just use the stock pin. I have a small needle nose vise grip that I grab the clip with and pull it off then put it back on when I am done. It is really no big deal. I did reverse the clip so it is facing out. Makes it easier to see and grab, and it cost me $0

MFE

Established Member
:lol: So, how is that functionally different than the stock pin and clip?

David Hester

Established Member
um. You can see what you're grabbing. reverse engineering? ;^) What Wheel said. Needlenose to pull clip and put it back. Easy to get to toward the outside. Hate to admit, but I got a sack full from General M for cheap. Pegasus Racing has a pin with a ball detent that I thought about when I was concerned about losing clips. Never was an issue and then I found the bags from GM. Real cheap for like 8 pins and circlips.

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I dont like messing with the clips nor do I want to need any tools. This is what I ended up with. Realistically it's only saving me a few extra seconds and not having the clip get lost as easy but it' still easier to me for only a few bucks.....

6CCD8996-280B-499C-88FC-419324278D8A-9010-0000082A2667A8AA_zps188609ea.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread