time for e/t streets

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
so far i have been to the track twice since i've owned my car and both times were on street tires(NT555'S) and all i can say is what a waist of time lol i do nothing but make myself mad with my crappy e/t times. the best i've got is 12.3 at 117mph. i told myself i wont go again untill i get good tires.......so i have 17x10.5 rims and need something that will fit that i was leaning towards hoosier or is there any other suggestions? please explain your explanation on your opinion too please if you think i should run somthing besides hoosiers

thanks
anthony

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I run ET street redials on the street and just picked up a set of 26x11.5x16 ET streets and 16x10 diamond racing wheels for the track. I did not want to run my 18's DR's at the track for a few reasons. Not sure how much these tires are down in the states but up here it cost me 722.00 mounted and balance for 305/35/18 MT's. My Diamond wheels and 26x11.5's cost around 750.00. Mind you I did get a great deal on the slicks. Last year I use my Nitto 555r's on the street and at the track. They didn't last very long (a couple months). Since I have switched to seperate wheels I have had my MT DR's on all summer and they are probably at 80% still and thats with a couple 700 mile round trips and a few dig runs aswell. So IMO your best bet is to buy a pair of Diamonds for 154.00 a piece and put some ET streets on them. You will run great times and still have tread left on your street tires.

Last edited:

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Those will fit a 17X9 perfect. The 3743 is basically a 275/40/17.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

i got 10.5's im sure they'll fit thought right if they fit the 9's? are those what most are running for e/t streets latley?thanks you for your help:)

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Those will fit a 17X9 perfect. The 3743 is basically a 275/40/17.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared
How can an 11.5 inch wide tire be equal to a 275-40-17 ?:shrug:
Sounds more like a 315..

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How can an 11.5 inch wide tire be equal to a 275-40-17 ?:shrug:
Sounds more like a 315..

Go look on MT's website. The 3743R is the 275/40/17 ET street radial and measures 26x11.5x17. The 3743 is the ET Street and measures the same. I've run both tires on 17x9 wheels and they fit and perform great. The 315 is listed as a 26x12.5x17. Both the 3743 and 3743R will also work on a 10-10.5" rim however if I was running a 10.5" rim I'd go with the wider 315/35/17 over the 275's.

Jared

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member

yellowgt02

Established Member
I have a pair of 26x10.5x16 mounted on some 95GT wheels.

Havent had a chance to try them out, but Im sure its gonna be better than running DR's and breaking a halfshaft on a 4k launch.

yosemiddysam

03 Cobra Vert 10th Anniv.
Established Member
Crestview Fl. Grew up in the good ole Dub V
I have the 275/40 I think/17 M.T. E.T. Streets and love them. I can get 1.7 60fts on a stock suspension and I am not the best driver. I think they hook just fine but you have to get them heated. Dont be afraid of the burn out box....I was at first and got sideways so I said screw it and smoked them good and launched. Big difference. My friend runs the Hoosiers and he loves his just the same. I say either one will do ya right.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
would hoosiers or m/t's last longer if were driven on the street....someone at the track that i saw the last time i was their said his m/t's lasted him 8-10k on a dd

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I run the 335 Hoosiers for the street and I must say they have been a great tire so far. They stick like glue and actually handle really really well. Low profile bolts and 1/4" spacers on 10.5 wheels.

For the track I would pick up a cheap set of 15" or 16" wheels and some ET Streets, no less!

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
My Mickey's (ET Street Radial) hit wearbar around 4000 miles or so on the street. After that you've still got a 1000 miles or more left in them. Could a set last 8,000 miles... maybe, but the cord would be shining through and I wouldn't trust it.

Tire size, 315 Mickeys will fit your 10.5"s about right. You should file the IRS bolts down and probably slide in a 3/16 spacer for peace of mind as the tire will rub when the rear shocks are fully UNloaded (Hard braking at the end of the track).

I am a bit confused though with your post. It says "Time for E/T Streets" then says you're leaning towards Hoosier... Mickey thompson is the only manufacturer of a tire labeled E/T Streets if I'm not mistaken.... Hoosiers are good tires though so I would be comfortable running anything comparable with their name.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
I run the 335 Hoosiers for the street and I must say they have been a great tire so far. They stick like glue and actually handle really really well. Low profile bolts and 1/4" spacers on 10.5 wheels.

For the track I would pick up a cheap set of 15" or 16" wheels and some ET Streets, no less!

thanks bud:beer:....any pics with those 333'5s? i wonder how much wider they are than the 315's

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
My Mickey's (ET Street Radial) hit wearbar around 4000 miles or so on the street. After that you've still got a 1000 miles or more left in them. Could a set last 8,000 miles... maybe, but the cord would be shining through and I wouldn't trust it.

Tire size, 315 Mickeys will fit your 10.5"s about right. You should file the IRS bolts down and probably slide in a 3/16 spacer for peace of mind as the tire will rub when the rear shocks are fully UNloaded (Hard braking at the end of the track).

I am a bit confused though with your post. It says "Time for E/T Streets" then says you're leaning towards Hoosier... Mickey thompson is the only manufacturer of a tire labeled E/T Streets if I'm not mistaken.... Hoosiers are good tires though so I would be comfortable running anything comparable with their name.

ya i know sorry im confusing just learing about slicks, e/t streets and dr's....i think what im going to do is run hoosiers for the street and get a set of FULL SLICKS for the track on different rims....damn! more money to spend lol:nonono:

yellowgt02

Established Member
ya i know sorry im confusing just learing about slicks, e/t streets and dr's....i think what im going to do is run hoosiers for the street and get a set of FULL SLICKS for the track on different rims....damn! more money to spend lol:nonono:

Just keep your Nitto 555's for the street. Hoosiers wont last you a full year with lots of street abuse.

I agree with Kevin...16" Wheels + ET Streets for the track.

I have 5k on a set of old style M/T DR's (275-40-17) with lots of street abuse, and 10 or so track passes, and they still look brand new. I will likely get half of next year out of them too now that I have some dedicated track tires.

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread