Time for a new Opening page Picture

jugsreturn

Established Member
No disrespect meant at all for this, but do you think it would be inviting for the opening page to have an article on it or a nice picture of a lightning or cobra?

jlauth

Established Member
SID297 said:
Someone write a quality article and I'll put it up there. Now it's your fault if it doesn't get changed.:)

what do you mean quality article? I am more than willing to put something together. You want something with a bit of site history and what this site is about. Or something along the lines of SVT history and mustang history. I am a decent technical writer, and maybe with a bit of help from jugsreturn i could make something worth while. Give me a bit of a clue of what you want and give me a few weeks, because i get a little busy during the week.

jlauth

Established Member
I will need a little info about how SVTperformance came to be and who started it. Maybe some other general info about the site. If you could.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Technical writing about performance and products is what I'm looking for. Installs, product reviews, comparisons, ect.

jlauth

Established Member
I was gonna write something that is a little more history based. Are you saying that you would prefer something about installs on the front page.

something like this

Welcome to SVTperformance. This site represents Ford’s performance division SVT. The Special Vehicle Team was founded in 1991 by Robert L. Rewey, Ford Automotive operations, and Neil Ressler...

and

This site was created specifically for Ford, Mustang, and SVT owners and lovers alike...

these sentences are a poor representation of what i could make, and put together.

These are just a few sentences that i threw together, but i could write about anything. I have done some minor installs(nitrous, LCAs, shifter, Clutch)but nothing major, and i didnt take notes on my exact processes not do i remember them. So i wont do you much good if it is a procedural write up that you are looking for.

Last edited:

jugsreturn

Established Member
SID,

Are you looking for something along the lines of postbans write ups, maybe like his blue and red pills?

jugsreturn

Established Member
Why not put up postbans write ups then? They are very well written.

I guess I still don't understand the problem with a different picture. How about using a different product from billetflow or any of the other sponsors (or ads) that are on this site?

Maybe this from the other vendors...
MGW?
mustang_shifter_3650.jpg

Patriot?
img_rad9B8B9.jpg

Even another billetflow piece that is in stock?
showiso.jpg

Evolution?
contact-header.jpg

I guess I don't understand putting up a well written technical report for anybody that chooses to happen upon this site. Why not let them get a taste of what this site has to offer by allowing them to view all the threads, before giving them all the resources they want or is this your point? Try to let new people just see some technical write ups and not join? I think a sick cobra or lightning would be great for the front. Hell, why not both :rolling: ?

I realize you said no pics, but :cuss: I don't understand why not.
--
JugsReturn
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread