• other? (please specify)

Votes: 26 43.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
so my battery light was flickering on and off last night, and from what i've read, that usually means the alternator is on it's way out. so i might as well replace the battery while i'm at it, too. which one do you guys recommend? i've been looking at either an Optima Red Top or one of those small Odyssey batteries (only 15 lbs). what do you guys recommend would be better? my car is mostly on the street and sees the occasional run at the strip...

20psirabbit

Established Member
allspark.jpg

allspark ftw!

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Just get a Motorcraft replacement battery.

oldmodman

Established Member
I have been using the AutoZone batteries. You get an over the counter , no cost exchange if it goes bad in the first three years. I have one in my Explorer that is now 8 years old and still has plenty of power. Just recently bought one for my 03 Cobra. Won't know how long it will last for a few years.

SVT GI

Established Member
Optima's fit but you have to get the hold down for them also. Had two of them and they both died in less than a year on two different cars. Some people have luck with them...I don't.

Stock replacement or Napa battery gets my vote.

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
Get the yellow top it is made for cars that run a lot of electrics, i.e. dual fuel pumps,A/C, stereo ..etc.

Red tops are more for the traditional muscle cars,like 60's era, that need a lot of cranking amps for big blocks or high compression motors.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
Optima Yellowtop! Deep cycle is very handy...... If you say forget your lights or interior light on and it drains the battery, charge it back up and it will be as good as new. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread