Tim Barth

musclefan21

Established Member
I will post it again. My car broke down on me at like 9pm at night. Left me stranded. Texted Tim about it. Simply asked what his opinion was. His response to my text message was "where are you? I am leaving my house right now to come look at it". He came out, worked on my car for an hour to find the problem. The towed it to his shop and took care of it first thing in the morning.

Tell me who the hell takes care of their customers like that? Not putting other guys down, but Tim is by far the best guy I have ever dealt with! In my opinion he truly cares more about his customers' rides than the customers themselves.

Hats off to Tim :beer:

P.S. Yes he tunes Fords and Mopars. No GM at this point.

Last edited:

Blown02

Established Member
I use to respect Tim and Modular Powerhouse a lot.. I spent a ton of money with them.. In the end I was very unhappy when my car arrived after several years.. Thats all Im going to say..

FastNick01

Established Member
Never once had a negative contact with Tim or modular powerhouse. Every time I call, they answer. Every time I make the trip up there, I am always treated fair and with the out most respect. Tim, his wife and all of his techs are always very humble every time I go. He has repeatedly gone out of his way to help me out on several occasions without question. I have been there about 4 times for retunes on several setups. I will continue going back as my car progresses and will also continue sending other business his way. Great Tuner and a great shop

He just recently tuned my new setup and couldn't be happier with the results.

KB2.8LC supporting mods/ E85/24lbs 21deg timing made 759rwhp/684rwtq

musclefan21

Established Member
I use to respect Tim and Modular Powerhouse a lot.. I spent a ton of money with them.. In the end I was very unhappy when my car arrived after several years.. Thats all Im going to say..

Nobody has 100% customer service ratings. You just can't make everyone 100% happy. Knowing Tim and how he operates. You are the rarity for Tim's business and I am sure he has a very solid explanation to whatever happened. That is all I am going to say.

Blown02

Established Member
Nobody has 100% customer service ratings. You just can't make everyone 100% happy. Knowing Tim and how he operates. You are the rarity for Tim's business and I am sure he has a very solid explanation to whatever happened. That is all I am going to say.
My car was the last one MPH built.. its not customer service.. there were quite a few problems with the car when they sent it back to me.. Boost leaks all over the place.. gauges not working.. flaws in the paint.. etc.etc.I dont think they should have gotten into building turbo kits.. at least not twin turbo setups.. Glad I sold the car.. it wasnt done right IMO. and I spent a ton with him.. and the tune was horrible.. yup, I was shocked when I got the car back.. I had done a lot of business with Tim, Rhonda, Andy and the rest of the crew at MPH and had good results before.. ask kurgan what he thinks of the tune on the car I sold him..
hes great at supercharged stangs though.. overall they are a good group of people, but I think they knew they sent my car back with problems.

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
My car was the last one MPH built.. its not customer service.. there were quite a few problems with the car when they sent it back to me.. Boost leaks all over the place.. gauges not working.. flaws in the paint.. etc.etc.I dont think they should have gotten into building turbo kits.. at least not twin turbo setups.. Glad I sold the car.. it wasnt done right IMO. and I spent a ton with him.. and the tune was horrible.. yup, I was shocked when I got the car back.. I had done a lot of business with Tim, Rhonda, Andy and the rest of the crew at MPH and had good results before.. ask kurgan what he thinks of the tune on the car I sold him..
hes great at supercharged stangs though.. overall they are a good group of people, but I think they knew they sent my car back with problems.

did you try to contact them with the problems? Shit happens. you find out a business' true face when you have problems and how they handle the problems you are having.

About Tune comment. I have used Kurgan before, other tuners and Tim. While Kurgan is an excellent tuner himself and I ran amazing times with his tune, Tim's tune had much better drive ability and I ran similar times.

He has tuned some solid turbo cars and the cars did very very well at track and on the streets.

Last edited:

woodrow5.0

Established Member
did you try to contact them with the problems? Shit happens. you find out a business' true face when you have problems and how they handle the problems you are having.

About Tune comment. I have used Kurgan before, other tuners and Tim. While Kurgan is an excellent tuner himself and I ran amazing times with his tune, Tim's tune had much better drive ability and I ran similar times.

He has tuned some solid turbo cars and the cars did very very well at track and on the streets.

funny,not knocking anybody here but i bought a car that was tuned by MPH before they moved and it made great power but drove poorly,Kurgan had it driving like a stock Cadillac it was so smooth and gained a few ft lbs over Tims tune

Blown02

Established Member
ya i told them.. but at that point i couldnt do much.. i was pretty pissed.. i live in louisiana and they took my car from georgia to chicago and then shipped from there down to me..
shift light didnt work.. boost gauge didnt work.. boost leaks all over the place.. all sorts of problems that I found...

I dont want to talk about it anymore.. i shouldnt have posted anything.. this is not meant to tarnish his good rep.. but they wanted to get my car out of their hair.. it was at the tail end of MPH.. the very last car they built and I personally wouldnt have them doing anything for me again..
They were at the top of their game once.. Im sure he still builds great 2v and 4v supercharged setups..

Blown02

Established Member
y2k2gt-3 years. to be fair I think 1-1 1/2 was my fault..

ontario-mr norms garage picked them up all.. they closed shop at mph..

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
Da Man!

I have known Tim, Rhonda, and Andy for almost 10 years now and I wouldn't have anyone else tune a modular car if I owned one. He is by far the best tuner I have ever encountered and their customer service is top notch. I have been at the shop before, had things go wrong or shit break, and I didn't have the cash on hand and he would fix it, and tell me to pay him when I could. I didn't know what to say when he did that, the guy is awesome. I brought my 04 Cobra to him for about 6 years until I sold it, never a single issue with the tune or anything they installed. Shit broke because I sucked or it was just time for it to break. I spent well over $30k with them over the 6 years and never looked back. I even took my 89 GT to them for tuning (Jeff Harris from Mo's Speed Shop was their push rod guy).

He can at times be very hard to get a hold of, but in his defense, he had cars coming from Canada, Germany, Australia, CONUS, you name it. He is also a bit more cautious doing business these days due to getting burned on several ocassions. But I wont get into any of that.

As far as Blown02's case, good guy, sweet ass car, things just didn't work out. As far as the inside track to what happened goes, I will stay out of it.

Hell I loved Tim and Rhonda so much I bought my German Shepherd from them when his GSD had puppies. Still to this day it's the best dog I have ever owned, not one issue with the tune, lol. Just thought I would throw in my .02.

flak

Established Member
ya i told them.. but at that point i couldnt do much.. i was pretty pissed.. i live in louisiana and they took my car from georgia to chicago and then shipped from there down to me..
shift light didnt work.. boost gauge didnt work.. boost leaks all over the place.. all sorts of problems that I found...

I dont want to talk about it anymore.. i shouldnt have posted anything.. this is not meant to tarnish his good rep.. but they wanted to get my car out of their hair.. it was at the tail end of MPH.. the very last car they built and I personally wouldnt have them doing anything for me again..
They were at the top of their game once.. Im sure he still builds great 2v and 4v supercharged setups..

Hey bud, it was actually built by Mr. Norm's in Illinois. Your experience is exactly why I broke back away from them and went back out on my own. There are a ton of behind the scene things that went on with that shop and your just one of many victims. I wish we could have finished it before we merged with those clowns, you would have been very happy in the end, I promise that. MPH as you once knew it is back like it was and we have the same level of quality we did before the merger.
Austin, again bud, I'm sorry you got caught up in the middle. You trusted me thinking I had 100% control and I did not. I will take the blame because I suggested you let them finish the car for you. I wish I had it now with MPH back on our own, it would be what you expected, and if it wasn't, I would make it right.

Tim

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
Hey bud, it was actually built by Mr. Norm's in Illinois. Your experience is exactly why I broke back away from them and went back out on my own. There are a ton of behind the scene things that went on with that shop and your just one of many victims. I wish we could have finished it before we merged with those clowns, you would have been very happy in the end, I promise that. MPH as you once knew it is back like it was and we have the same level of quality we did before the merger.
Austin, again bud, I'm sorry you got caught up in the middle. You trusted me thinking I had 100% control and I did not. I will take the blame because I suggested you let them finish the car for you. I wish I had it now with MPH back on our own, it would be what you expected, and if it wasn't, I would make it right.

Tim

And there it is.

I can't wait to bring my new mess your way, lol.

musclefan21

Established Member
Tim is here and as usual does what he does best, take care of his customers.

Tim @ MPH FTW!! :rockon:

Last edited:

jbou91

Established Member
Tim is great, took my 03 Cobra by him this summer for a tune. Will definitely be returning in the future.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Tim is a great tuner. He just dialed my Cobra last month and it runs great, I only made 483/492. I'm not sure why the numbers are low though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread