Tiger racing hoods.

racebronco2

Established Member
I don't think any has data logged. My hood design is similar to Pauls. Do a search under my name and you will find data logs back to 2004 in which i do have before and after results. They are not in the same thread it's over the years until i figured it out.

OsirisGT

Established Member
TDS just test fitted it. The hood is back off now. Looks bad ass but I'm biased as I have one on my S197 too lol

chicane23

Established Member
We now have a complete bolt on 99-04 Tiger Racing Heat Extractor Hood.
79-93 Fox hood coming soon - In fitment testings
2015 Hood is in the works!

These hoods were designed with racing and performance in mind. These hood were tested by Ford Racing and Paul Brown in a Wind tunnel and in the Pirelli world challenge Series.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr40fdYmd2I
The Tiger Racing hood reduces lift on the front end during high-speed cornering and reduces engine temperatures. Race tested and race proven by the best racing teams in World Challenge.

Hoods can be ordered from the following:

Chicane23 (Tiger Racing)
Rehagen Racing
CorTex Racing

racebronco2

Established Member
Does anyone have before and after data for IAT1, IAT2 and engine temp. Just trying to justify the expense. Thanks

The heat extractor hoods are great for the stock blowers ported or not. We all open track our cars even in 100 degree temps. Try that with a stock hood and the car will go into limp mode within a few laps. I have built 4 of them and all of the owners are extremely happy with it. We were all on ported blowers. Ait1's are not important and do not effect the ait2's. Engine temps affect ait2's. The lower the temp the lower the ait2's. As the temp goes up so does the ait2's.

In the Mojave Mile two of use ran our cars. I was at around 520RWHP, friends car was around 480rwhp. I was 10mph faster than a whipple powered Cobra that was at 550rwhp. The 480rwhp Cobra was 2 mph faster. The real difference was the hoods. I beat all the Stock C6ZO6's most of the modded one and only 3 Mph slower than a stock ZR1 and 5 mph slower than a modded ZR1.

NGO

Established Member
The heat extractor hoods are great for the stock blowers ported or not. We all open track our cars even in 100 degree temps.

I was over at VMP getting a retune after a KB BAP install and Justin had a track prepped Boss 302 with a big blower and a heat extractor hood for sale. See pics...

If keep tracking my Terminator, I'm going to have to get me one of these bad boys. I can run hard for two laps then I have to wait for the IAT2 to come down, then hit it again. The highest engine coolant temps I have seen before making any mods to the car or my driving was 218F with a IAT2 at 172F. I have made a few changes and will post results after running this coming weekend but the end all is to get an extractor hood.

1ee98cd6-232f-4c0e-b78d-f576f02f8ef9_zpsc895f94f.jpg
2d442179-f24a-4634-bd5a-b1fec0690b4d_zps35724665.jpg

Last edited:

Bingo13

Established Member
I have had really good results with the Trufiber A70 hood on my '03 while on track in high heat and humidity conditions. :thumbsup:

TFHoodsmall_zps53cf5d75.jpg

NGO

Established Member
I give! The new Jabsco inner cooler pump did nothing to lower IAT2s, highest I ever experienced them at Sebring 174F. The coolant temps were high too at 229F. Puked a little coolant at one point. Of course I was hammering her a little harder than I have any other track weekend.

Guess I gotta save for a hood and a big ole radiator.

racebronco2

Established Member
It is kinda hard to test the pump when your engine temps are so high. Engine temps effect ait2's. The cooler the engine temps the cooler the ait2's will be. You need to up the pulley size. If you go with a 2.93 it will lower your engine temps by 10* and if you go with a 3.10 it will lower temps by another 10*.

NGO

Established Member
It is kinda hard to test the pump when your engine temps are so high. Engine temps effect ait2's. The cooler the engine temps the cooler the ait2's will be. You need to up the pulley size. If you go with a 2.93 it will lower your engine temps by 10* and if you go with a 3.10 it will lower temps by another 10*.

Ugh, I hate to lose the HP putting on a bigger pulley then I goota spend another $400 to get her tuned but I know you are right.

One peculiar thing we noticed this past weekend was that when I came in after a run, there was barely any fluid level in my engine coolant resevoir. Then when the engine cooled, the level would rise to normal. Seems to me that when the thermostat closes it chases all the fluid back to the resevoir. When its hot and the resevoir isn't full seems like that is air to me which we all know is bad for the terminators.

What really puzzles me is that with similar ambient conditions last March, my engine coolant only got up to 208F. The changes I made since then are a tune where we added fuel and retarded timing (all things that should have cooled her down) and I was seeing temps up to 229F? We also changed the plugs.

I am running again at Daytona next month so I don't time for a bunch of changes. I am going to flush the engine coolant system, burb the hell out of her and see what happens.

In the end, I want a bigger radiator and the Tiger Racing heat extration hood. If temps are still an issue then I will do something different with the blower. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Bingo13

Established Member
Ugh, I hate to lose the HP putting on a bigger pulley then I goota spend another $400 to get her tuned but I know you are right.

One peculiar thing we noticed this past weekend was that when I came in after a run, there was barely any fluid level in my engine coolant resevoir. Then when the engine cooled, the level would rise to normal. Seems to me that when the thermostat closes it chases all the fluid back to the resevoir. When its hot and the resevoir isn't full seems like that is air to me which we all know is bad for the terminators.

What really puzzles me is that with similar ambient conditions last March, my engine coolant only got up to 208F. The changes I made since then are a tune where we added fuel and retarded timing (all things that should have cooled her down) and I was seeing temps up to 229F? We also changed the plugs.

I am running again at Daytona next month so I don't time for a bunch of changes. I am going to flush the engine coolant system, burb the hell out of her and see what happens.

In the end, I want a bigger radiator and the Tiger Racing heat extration hood. If temps are still an issue then I will do something different with the blower. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

I had the same issue after a radiator flush, turns out there was a little trash in the system that created a problem with the thermostat sticking and of course the system was not burped correctly. I had a reflush, new Reische thermostat, 30/70 mixture (af/water, in Texas so it still gets cold), and some Purple Ice added plus a proper burping and the temps dropped back to down to the normal 211F~213F range in 95F temps.

I do not know everything you have done to your car but I am assuming you have done the basics like boxing in the radiator, adding a tall radiator air dam, and the other items surrounding the engine cooling system. I am running a VMP setup with the 3" pulley (580/560) along with several other cooling mods plus an on-track tuning session for proper AF/Timing for my driving style. I just added the Trufiber A70 hood for insurance (TR hood was not available for some weird reason in August), but so far data logging at the last event revealed a 2F~4F improvement but that is what I was expecting based on my setup. I averaged about 209F on a 95F day and 207F with a shady 89F the next day. If you design a complete cooling system upgrade around your driving style, these cars are fine on track, well, except for the weight, f/r balance, chassis flex, seating position, tire usage and a few other things that most cars get right now. :D

racebronco2

Established Member

Thanks

With a smaller pulley the ecu is pulling timing based on your engine and blower temps. With a larger pulley it will pull less timing because you engine and blower temps will be lower. You will see that you will need more ait2 cooling. I added a VW radiator as my second heat exchanger.

Users who are viewing this thread