Ticket for revving engine...?

Teej281

Established Member
You might want to rethink your "spreading incorrect information" line and look up Pennsylvania law. Texas happens to be one of the few states where all traffic violations are criminal in nature, but it is the minority. Therefore, my answer stands and is absolutely correct.

Strict Liability specifically applies to Criminal Acts, not civil traffic infractions. You will not find "racing engine" in the Pennsylvania Criminal Code. It is a civil infraction, pure and simple. In the vast majority of states, including the OPs, most traffic infractions are civil in nature. Therefore, no mens rea is necessary only actus reus.

Signed: JD Valedictorian, ranked #1. Summa Cum Laude Graduate. Member of the Bar in three Jurisdictions.

Prosecutor = 1
Law Student = 0

BTW, how did it take you 11 edits to post that?

I wish I had this kinda knowledge! lol But I think there are some lines that need to be drawn. The revving engine ticket is paid for and that was down in Myrtle Beach, SC. The speeding ticket for 12mph over the posted limit is in my hometown of Hanover, PA.

Seemed like there was some confusion there, so just thought that I would clear it up! Thanks for everything guys! I appreciate it! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread