Threw lower back out

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I used to go to a chiro to adjust my lower back as necessary, till I figured out how to get in the den floor and do it myself. I think mine was where the pelvis connects to the spine.

CV355

_
Established Member
I wrenched my back pretty bad one time- so bad it hurt to breathe in fully. My mother is into natural/holistic stuff and recommended three things, which surprisingly worked:

Sacrowedgy.com : Suffering from Sciatica/Back Pain? The Official SacroWedgy Website
Dr. Riter's Real-EaSE Neck Support
Restore Ultimate Back Reliever

I was skeptical. These things look goofy as hell. The first time you use the sacro wedge and back stretcher, it hurts like absolute hell on top of looking goofy. But, no kidding, there was relief in minutes. Standing up afterwards you feel like you have a new back.

Machdup1

Established Member
Stretching, heat, cold and a tens device in it is a strained muscle. Try the Icy hot brand device, 30 minutes later, you’ll thank me.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Meant to add, doctor also said I need to get up and move around every hour when possible because laying around will actually make it worse.

ViciousJay

Established Member
again guys I can crack my back in 10 spots myself I learned to do it when I was a mover in my youth

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
again guys I can crack my back in 10 spots myself I learned to do it when I was a mover in my youth
Well maybe the problem is in the 11th spot this time. I'd go see a chiropractor.
They got book learnings. And stuff. In my case, it's a well spent 30 bucks so I can get back to life, without the pain.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I know it's too late now and it may not even be a muscle injury, but as I've gotten older (45), I've found that stretching every day, especially before any physical labor, has helped my back pain tremendously.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I refuse to use pain killers or pop pills, family issue with that. I guess I'll just have to take this one on and bitch to the g/f
I've used non-prescription pain killers whenever I've thrown my back out for a specific reason, and it seems to work. My theory is that when you are experiencing back pain, your body reacts to the pain causing you to favor the left or right side when moving. That IMO compounds the issue. By deadening the pain, your body less favors one side and your movements are more normal. I've personally seen more rapid recovering doing this. Oh, and I haven't used the cold/hot treatment very much. I know it's recommended; I just prefer my own recovery treatment. Seems to work for me. :)

Going forward, if you going to do any moving of furniture, invest in one of those back braces that optimally prepare your back for lifting heaving weight. Like this one. I've never used one myself, but they DO work. I have a friend who swears by them.
Back Belt for Heavy Lifting | Men's Lower Back Support Brace

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know it's too late now and it may not even be a muscle injury, but as I've gotten older (45), I've found that stretching every day, especially before any physical labor, has helped my back pain tremendously.
Amen, brother, stretching is excellent, especially as we age. I do stretching, with an aggressive bike spinning class at my daughter's fitness studio, and it has done wonders for me. Yoga is great, by the way. My daughter teaches a yoga class and sometimes she'll have me do yoga stretches. ANY stretching is a good thing IMO.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Chiropractor = Snakeoil that give temporary relief, but does no permanently fix the underlying issue.

See a doctor.
Get an MRI.
Get treatment.
Feel better.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Chiropractor = Snakeoil that give temporary relief, but does no permanently fix the underlying issue.

See a doctor.
Get an MRI.
Get treatment.
Feel better.
Yeah as a guy who has had 2 c spine surgeries and multiple bi lateral issues in the lumbar never accept an x-ray and while I appreciate orthopedic docs a neurosurgeon has saved me from paralysis. I tried hot stones, acupuncture, massage therapy, physical therapy before finally being told I was one bad speed bump from being paralyzed from the neck down. Had I let a chiropractor start manipulation who knows what the results could have been.

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
Last time I threw my back out I was just walking down a hallway... Felt a tweak and just laid down for a little bit in the hallway. Took about a month for it to feel any better.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I refuse to use pain killers or pop pills, family issue with that. I guess I'll just have to take this one on and bitch to the g/f
I was taking flexiril when my back went out. Told the doc that I was ready to try something else and he put me on ETODOLAC 400mg three times a day. I only have to take it one or two days for my back to be back to normal. it is basically a replacement for IBUPROFIN and works a ton better and non addictive.

Meant to add, doctor also said I need to get up and move around every hour when possible because laying around will actually make it worse.
yeah worst thing you can do when your back goes out is go to bed. my back episodes last 3 or 4 time longer when I go to bed than when I keep moving.

Users who are viewing this thread