Threats ???

Hourigan218

Established Member
:coolman:I know i'm starting this thread with a kinda negative but what should we fear or feel threatned by out there in the streets now that the 13's are loose cuz you all know we are gonna be chanllenged by justa bout everything out there!!!! OHH and by the way tell them BRING IT!!!:bowdown:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Post pics of your 13 if you want people to believe that you even have one and want to be taken seriously.

On that note. Owning a 13 doesnt instantly make it fast. Especially where you live. There are all kinds of crazy fast things in Texas. Things that will make you wish you kept your Shelby in the garage. The 13 could be beaten by a whippled 03/04, even from a roll. From a dig it's really anyone's race. The GTR, some Evo's, some STi's, and some Vettes are really good off of the line and can put a sizable lead on you in hurry that you may not be able to make up. The GT500 is fast in stock form when compared to other stock cars, but IMO it's just considered entry-level when compared to what is out there on the streets.

Last edited:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
There is a difference though. Just like when you see a Zr1, you know that car is a 10 second car with a good driver. So you better have that or better, and even with a few mods, the car can be even faster. I think the 13GT500 just puts you in a higher bracket, where you have more to lose with anything that is stock slower. You basically have more to lose when owning a very fast car. Example would be a cobra pulling up to a ZR1, the cobra has everything to gain from a win and the ZR1 is expected to win.

Just my .02

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Rule on the street. There is always someone with a faster car, and someone who's a better driver on a given day. Especially out there in Texas where the mix is pretty wild.

Post up some pics of your '13. I've love to see it. Any mod plans?

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
lol....yea dude. there are SICK cars all around texas, you might not see them every day, but 1000 rwhp is the normal output at a shop I go to pretty frequently. 2 guys I know are running over 1600 and they drive them every weekend. the 13's will own most. but be careful. vettes can be a handful and STI's are holding their own.

Kiohtee

Established Member
There is a difference though. Just like when you see a Zr1, you know that car is a 10 second car with a good driver. So you better have that or better, and even with a few mods, the car can be even faster. I think the 13GT500 just puts you in a higher bracket, where you have more to lose with anything that is stock slower. You basically have more to lose when owning a very fast car. Example would be a cobra pulling up to a ZR1, the cobra has everything to gain from a win and the ZR1 is expected to win.

Just my .02

The Z06 (I'm talking C6 model remember) is a solid 10-second car with tires and a good driver, much less the 130+HP ZR1. :rolling:

And OP, unless you live where I do, be careful about running your mouth and throwing money on the line. It kinda makes you sound like me when I first got my GT. :lol:

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Gt500 is badass, but nowhere near what you would need to feel like you should win 99% of your run ins with other real cars. Especially in texas, Id imagine 140 traps would be entry level for the hardcore in many areas.

Powermanphil

Established Member
Here's a coulpe of pics of my 13...Indianapolis, IN

7358276804_00f6c7bda6_z.jpg

7173055115_3ffe835f5a_z.jpg

wvmystichrome

Established Member
On that note. Owning a 13 doesnt instantly make it fast. Especially where you live. There are all kinds of crazy fast things in Texas. Things that will make you wish you kept your Shelby in the garage. The 13 could be beaten by a whippled 03/04, even from a roll. From a dig it's really anyone's race. The GTR, some Evo's, some STi's, and some Vettes are really good off of the line and can put a sizable lead on you in hurry that you may not be able to make up. The GT500 is fast in stock form when compared to other stock cars, but IMO it's just considered entry-level when compared to what is out there on the streets.

I agree with all the above. Around here in the eastern part of KY there are Vette's putting out over 1,000 rwhp. I know a guy who owns 2 Supras, one in the 800 rwhp and the other is a certified 1,200 rwhp. Not counting his Vette.

As CobraBob says there is ALWAYS someone out there running more power than the other guy on the street. You just won't know it until they get you.

Hunting trouble will most all the time will get you in trouble.

Powermanphil

Established Member
Indianapolis has a lot to watch out for...

Here in Indy, you never know what's next to you. 1000+ is a lot more common than you would think.
1650HP Lambos, tons of Lingenfelter vettes, ACR Vipers, early Cobras running Whipples and pulleys, several GTR's to throw down, and like everyone else stated, more than one Import that can hold its own.
Maybe it's excessive because of our racing history, but you really have to respect the car community out here. If you don't, you'll be sent home with your tail lights between your legs. :)

jayman33

There is always someone faster than you, with the way cars and technology are today you could get owned by anything. Just depends on how much you put into your car. None of it means anything with a bad driver and bad tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
after reading some of the posts on here, sure if you go looking for a street race, you better be packing some major fire power.. BUT in your average day to day driving, exactly how many 9 sec cars do you see that would put a hurting on a 13 GT500 (or even 13 GT)

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
after reading some of the posts on here, sure if you go looking for a street race, you better be packing some major fire power.. BUT in your average day to day driving, exactly how many 9 sec cars do you see that would put a hurting on a 13 GT500 (or even 13 GT)

lol. I can count 5 that live on my rural highway that I know of. that would not only beat, but embarass a new GT500. I know one that put a football field on me in the blink of an eye...I wasn't expecting it. TT challenger with BB. wouldn't know until you saw him disappear.

Texas is full of gear heads, one better than the next. now typically, no...but there is that odd occasion that the completely stock looking C5 Vette (not even a Z) is running a big set of twins and on crack....you just don't know. btw, he put a football field on my cobra, I haven't run him with the viper yet. hoping the outcome is better. :eek:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
600 rwhp is entry level these days.

600 seems to be an odd number where I live. There are a bunch of 115-119mph cars, a select few 130 cars, and then the big boys are 800hp 140+. I only had 1 close race in my cobra. Everything else blew my doors off or I blew their doors off.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm glad I don't live with competition as tough as some of you guys have.

Users who are viewing this thread