Thread for people with road rage

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
In Indiana, the new craze is putting these round-a-bouts in the place of 4 way stops. I cant tell you how many times I've had to lock up the brakes because of ****ing morons that either wander from lane to lane while they are going around them, or try to go all the way around them in the outside lane when that lane is designated/marked as an exit for the first two roads off the circle. I have seen 2 old ****s drive straight through them as well, up two curbs through the landscaping in the middle and down two curbs on the other side to keep going straight.

I also loose my shit every day I leave work to merge onto the highway. The exit I take merges with the fast lane with a 75mph limit. Seems like EVERY time I get behind someone on the ramp, they try to merge onto the highway at 35-40, with their blinker on and when someone doesn't "let" them in they brake and come to a stop.

Just reading this thread makes my blood boil!!!!!! LOL

If you don't like round-a-bouts, then you obviously haven't tried to drift through one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
In Indiana, the new craze is putting these round-a-bouts in the place of 4 way stops. I cant tell you how many times I've had to lock up the brakes because of ****ing morons that either wander from lane to lane while they are going around them, or try to go all the way around them in the outside lane when that lane is designated/marked as an exit for the first two roads off the circle. I have seen 2 old ****s drive straight through them as well, up two curbs through the landscaping in the middle and down two curbs on the other side to keep going straight.

I also loose my shit every day I leave work to merge onto the highway. The exit I take merges with the fast lane with a 75mph limit. Seems like EVERY time I get behind someone on the ramp, they try to merge onto the highway at 35-40, with their blinker on and when someone doesn't "let" them in they brake and come to a stop.

Just reading this thread makes my blood boil!!!!!! LOL
Same here, and the morons who live here are clueless.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I've spent the past two days in DC. I recommend renting a car and trying to drive anywhere in this place without uttering an expletive. These people are on a whole other level.

ViciousJay

Established Member
What grinds my gears is people in IL freak out if there's a freaking drop of water on the pavement, they go insane! I'm talking like 20 under the speed limit.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
What grinds my gears is people in IL freak out if there's a freaking drop of water on the pavement, they go insane! I'm talking like 20 under the speed limit.
They do here in MA as well.
I can understand wanting to take it easy,......but let's not totally freak out. It isn't snow/ice. :confused:

CV355

_
Established Member
Anyone that crosses the center line and comes into opposing traffic deserves to burn in hell. I don't care what the "reason" was- texting, mental deficiency, playing with the radio.

Cross the center line, **** you, you shouldn't be driving.

In SC it's like 1 in every 4 cars is over the line. Not sure how they teach people to drive down here but damn it is terrible, and one of those idiots nearly killed my wife a few weeks back crossing the center line.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I've spent the past two days in DC. I recommend renting a car and trying to drive anywhere in this place without uttering an expletive. These people are on a whole other level.
I happily walked around DC when I was there last year. I could not wait to get to that parking garage lol

Never_Enough

Established Member
Same here & it is even worse with snow. People, you know it rains & snows here every year. Get off the road since you are obviously morons.

03'Darin

Established Member
Sounds like the same idiots that drive here must get all around the country doing the same thing everywhere they go.

Here's a good one for you talking about the new roundabout crazy. They've started installing them here in pa and it's now created another problem. The town I live in has a monument in the center of it's main intersection. Driving rules around a monument ARE NOT the same as a round about. Yet these idiots forget about that and will circle the monument cutting you off as you're going straight through the intersection. Of course they promptly flip you off or mouth profanity at you even though they are in the wrong.

ESVEETEE

Established Member
I had a new one the other day. 3 lane interstate and I'm in the middle lane going 70 mph (speed limit is 65). There's a line of idiots going marginally faster than me in the left lane.

One special idiot changes lanes into the middle lane and comes flying up my ass and starts flashing their lights. They want me to move out of the middle lane so they can pass all the idiots in the hammer lane.

Mind you it's raining pretty good during this whole ordeal. What the hell is wrong with people?

Oh shit I forgot the road rage part.

I brake checked the special idiot.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Alright in order. I'm a level headed guy. Rarely get really heated. Mainly just shake my head and little frustrated but nothing crazy. I'm 36 and don't want to cause high blood pressure if I can avoid it.

I drive 26 miles one way each day and it's a 70mph most of the way then to 60mph. The 1st problem is 1 mile from where I leave from, two highways come together, and it puts the people that were in the right lane on the first, highway into the left lane on the new highway and it's crowded so it's hard for the people in the left to get back to the right and vice versa even if they thought about getting right. Most don't, just keep driving in their dazed out zone thinking about how they hate their job and life. That's the first issue.

What bothers me the most I think is the people that PURPOSELY hold up traffic. You can tell when they are doing it on purpose b/c it's the fact they will slow/speed in accordance to what will not allow the sometimes (25-35 cars) I count when going up and down the couple rolling hills on the way to pass. Just crusing 58mph in the 70mph zone in the left lane. I'm not kidding you the people in the right lane drive 55mph in a 70 zone for the most part. Then the next thing that is a cause of the first I mentioned is the impatient a$$hole who thinks he can just get out right, pass a few people then cut off someone to gain a few spots. It literally reminds me of a kindergardener cutting in line b/c that's exactely what it is.

A close 3rd is when the person in front of you sees a brake light (mind you some people tap their brakes every 30 seconds for some reason (brake, gas, brake, gas, brake gas) and they SLAM their brakes on like a deer ran out in front of them (maybe it's just MO thing) but what i've found you can do is stay back about 3 cars and if someone does that a couple times and you can tell there is 15 car lengths in front of them after they slam the brakes you just smoke them on the right and get in front of them. I enjoy giving people that do that a full ear of my OR exhaust and don't feel one bit bad for it

4th would be when the car in front of you either isn't paying attention or just doesn't know how to judge distance but traffic sometimes comes to a near stop or even a stop sometimes even in the 70mph zones but the person waits until the very last second to hit their brakes where you have to burn the crap out yours just to avoid rear ending them when there really is a need for them to stop fast. Sometimes I can see it coming so i'll brake or let off early trying to give "warning" to people behind me but lot of time people will literally pass on the right, get back left then realize what's going on and slam the brakes on

I I can tell you for a fact I've NEVER had a car on my ass when I was in the left lane and nobody in front of me. Ever. If nobody is in front of me I'll go as fast as the person behind me wants to push me until I get around enough cars to let someone by if they want to do 15+ over and if I got pulled over I'd just tell the cop the guy behind me wanted by and I was letting him. That's all. I do my best to be a courteous driver though but it's an adventure every single day

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
Phoenix drivers are their own special type of stupid.

1) They are incapable of reaching the speed limit on surface streets. If the speed limit is 45 you're lucky to reach 30. I think that's due to the massive number of speed cameras and light cameras on surface streets. My 17 mile first leg of driving yesterday has two speed zones....40 and 45 mph. I looked, the highest speed I reached mid day with hardly any traffic was 36 mph.

The worst is the one lane interstates in the dessert. Between here and Vegas is a one lane road with passing lanes every 10 miles or so. This is the Morristown-New River Highway. The speed limit is 65 mph and people will go 45 holding up miles of traffic. I was in my Dodge Hemi truck first in line to pass this asshole in a Camaro. The turnout for the second passing lane opened up and this asshole sped up to 90 mph to prevent me from passing. I finally overtook him doing 105. Passing lane over...he goes back to 45 mph. He wasn't doing it on purpose either...every car does that. The next car ahead I got stuck behind was a min van driven by an old lady. 1 lane road....45....2nd passing lane opened up and she was doing 75. People that do that should be shoved off the road. It enrages the truck drivers too. I've seen them road rage these ass hats right off the road.

2) Our on and off ramps are literally, I'm not exaggerating, 1/4 to 1/2 mile long. Rather than taking that time to get up to speed and merge people drive in it all the way until the end and then STOP and try to merge like they're at a stop turning right off of a red light. That brings me to...

3) Merging. Oh my God the people in this city are retards. If traffic is going 65 mph people accelerate up to 45 mph and try to merge. Once on the freeway they speed back up. It's insane. And that's IF people go 65. Realistically traffic is zooming along at 85 ever since the city pulled all of the highway cameras.

4) The sense of entitlement in North Phoenix is stunning. The new thing is for people to blow through red lights and expect oncoming traffic to stop. I imagine these are the same idiots that litter our streets on the weekends on bikes. So the scenario goes like this, you're at a light and oncoming traffic gets a green arrow. 1/2 of the line starts turns before the arrow tuns red but the last 1/2 of the line continues to force their way through even as oncoming traffic gets a green. A few months ago I saw this backfire as a fully loaded dump truck from the rock quarry went through a new edge Mustang like a bulldozer through wet tissue paper. Both occupants were vaporized and there were no bodies to recover. Everyone expects you to move for them regardless of the traffic signals and it's dangerous. I've been forced off the road numerous times from people pushing traffic out of the way.

5) Speaking of entitlement; Arizona motorists will stop for anything. Check your map, stop in the middle of the freeway. Not sure where to go, stop in a 6 lane road and look around. I'm not talking about slowing down I'm talking about a dead stop in the middle of traffic. Just yesterday morning I was on a 6 lane road at 11 am with heavy traffic and a Honda came to a complete dead stop in the left lane. Dead, complete, not moving stop. Since I was directly behind them I could see the two 30 to 40 year old passengers discussing which upcoming block to turn on. They even had big piece of paper (I assume with directions) up in front of their faces. They figured out they needed to go right at the next stoplight a 1/4 mile away so they jutted across two lanes causing multiple cars to lock their brakes and turned.

I've seen people come to dead stops to text, I've seen people reading newspapers while they drive, I've seen people come to dead stops to get out of their cars and get something out of their trunk (that happened on an 8 lane freeway doing 80 mph). It's insane. If you need to merge from the right lane to the left.....dead stop and wait for an opening. You need to merge over and 5% more gas will get you in....hit your brakes, wait for an opening, and as slowly as you can creep over.

7) Finally. Phoenix drivers will hit their brakes for ANYTHING. You need to merge over and 5% more gas will get you in....hit your brakes. You need to accelerate for something...hit your brakes first just to make sure you want to accelerate. Use the gas pedal to merge? NAH! Brake and coast in...everyone else will slam on their brakes to let you in. Someone texted you? Better slow down so you can safely text them back. Doing the speed limit? Slow down to a safe 10 under. It's INFURIATING! I don't know why people hit their brakes half the time. And it's not just resting their feet on the brakes it's full out slowing down for no apparent reason.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

It happens in Florida too. A week goes by without rain and the day there's a decent rain you think these ****ers never driven in rain before. Hazards and going slow in all the lanes.

Users who are viewing this thread