Thoughts on Bioshock Infinite

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
My son and I just picked this up and have been playing it and it is amazing. I agree with all the high scored reviews it got. One of the few sequels that I think actually surpasses the original. Anybody else get this yet? Opinions? Also why can't developers make a good Aliens based game? I thought Colonial Marines would finally do it but no.
Its terrible too.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Never played the first one. I saw the commercials to this one and it looked pretty good. Do you have to play the first to get what's going on in the sequel?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
While you don't need to have played the original in order to understand the story of Infinite, it would give you a familiarity of certain things (vigors, audio diaries, etc..,).

The game itself is wonderfully done and nicely keeps the feeling of isolation and chaos that was felt during Rapture. You are thrown right into the middle of an actual civil war unlike the 1 & 2 where you dealt with the aftermath.

The environment is vast with endless nooks and crannies in which to explore. If you can pick up on it, you'll see/hear a few subtle hints of the future.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
No not at all it's a totally different story and main character.

Playing both the first games will help, sorta, towards the end of the game you will understand what I mean.

I recommend playing the first two just because they are freaking awesome games.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
While you don't need to have played the original in order to understand the story of Infinite, it would give you a familiarity of certain things (vigors, audio diaries, etc..,).

The game itself is wonderfully done and nicely keeps the feeling of isolation and chaos that was felt during Rapture. You are thrown right into the middle of an actual civil war unlike the 1 & 2 where you dealt with the aftermath.

The environment is vast with endless nooks and crannies in which to explore. If you can pick up on it, you'll see/hear a few subtle hints of the future.

I'm not going to ruin it but it's not the future but it is :)

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
Its been great so far. The "chapters" are almost seamless. Having Elizabeth to help is great in combat. This one seems more deadly, hits seem to take more life out of you. Gotta love the head shots

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks amazing, I have yet to finish the first though. Not enough time and too many games in the house. Maybe once summer hits I will have a little more time to play and work on the car.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I have played all three, and never finished the first two though i did get close on the first one. This one is a refreshing game compared to the other two. While i loved the underwater dark tone of the games, i really like the vibrant sky scenery of this on. The other games also seemed to always keep you in dire need of ammo and salts, but this one seems to give them to you pretty readily. On the other hand it seems like you lose life alot easier/faster than previous games. I've only played for a couple of hours, but im taking my time and discovering everything i can think of.

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
We just beat it. My only regret is that it was so good we couldn't put it down and played through it so fast ! I see what you meant about the ending. I won't spoil anything but it's a trip.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Well I went out and bought it and I must say I like it. 5 hours have gone by and I'm barely realizing how long I have been playing the game for.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I watched my cousin playing the first two a couple of times and had zero interest in it, a friend was playing this one this weekend and it looks pretty cool...might have to pick it up later

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I was thinking of buying this or the new tomb raider. Not sure which to get. I did not play the first to bio shock games.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Picked it up yesterday, but only had time to play for 30 minutes. Pretty good though. Digging the landscape.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Went and bought it yesterday, pretty cool so far made it about an hour in. I love the city, the layout, the cult type following. I am looking forward to playing it some more.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Playing both the first games will help, sorta, towards the end of the game you will understand what I mean.

I recommend playing the first two just because they are freaking awesome games.
I wouldnt call number 2 awesome, I would say its good only. 1st one was amazing though! Havent had time to even install Infinite, picked it up for PC so hopefully I get to play it this weekend.
I was thinking of buying this or the new tomb raider. Not sure which to get. I did not play the first to bio shock games.
Tomb Raider is pretty damn awesome!! Im still in the first 10 hours but its such a fun game. A lot more like Uncharted but with more exploring. Different from the past Tomb Raider games. I would pick that one up as well, you wont be disappointed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread