Thought i screwed something up today, I'm an idiot

mustangman36578

Established Member
with my dd (a pos 89 lebaron) i went to start it and nothin. no click or anything. i was pissed thinkin that something was messed up with the wiring since i had already experienced a few wiring problems with it. looked under the hood for a while, tested the starter wires and all were good. the problem was some how the shifter got pushed into drive lol. put it back in park and good to go!

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
This happend to me in my F-150, I thought i was screwed i would be driving down the road and hearing a clunking everytime I would hit the smallest of bumps. Turns out it was a punk ass skateboarder. Whew for a second there i thought i was screwed.

Perfect time to test the old ABS.

Mr.Soup

complete modular newb
Established Member
with my dd (a pos 89 lebaron) i went to start it and nothin. no click or anything. i was pissed thinkin that something was messed up with the wiring since i had already experienced a few wiring problems with it. looked under the hood for a while, tested the starter wires and all were good. the problem was some how the shifter got pushed into drive lol. put it back in park and good to go!

My brother was a medic for some Marine division over in Iraq, he had fallen asleep in the back of one of the big humvees they use as a rolling hospital. evidently the convoy he was rolling with stopped for whatever reason and let him sleep in the back. he said he heard lots of gunfire and people screaming for him, evidently they couldn't get the humvee with him in it started so they were going to just abandon it, as he was climbing out to get into another humvee he glanced down and noticed it was in drive. He threw it in park and it started right up. He still laughs about that one.

Users who are viewing this thread