Thought i screwed something up today, I'm an idiot

Mr.Soup

complete modular newb
Established Member
it's been foggy as all get out here in Missouri......I get in my car and hit the traction control button (out of habit) and drive off. I pulld onto a side street and got a little wheel hop, no biggie right? From then on right at 2200rpms I kept hearing some sort of odd buzzing sound coming from the right rear of the car......dreading I screwed something up I stopped and looked everywhere all to no avail. Tonight I stopped for gas after work and noticed a bag of kids toys on the floorboard that use to be on the seat..........I guess they were vibrating together because I picked it up and no more noise...............

99MystiC

Established Member
I had one of those moments once to but not with toys. I took off my wipers for a show a while back and then one day while im riving i hear this weird noise that ended up being the wipers were on but but with out the wipers. lol

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
When I'm sitting at a light and I hear some dudes car making weird noises I often think it's my car and I always get concerned and turn my music off and intensely listen trying to figure out what it is.

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
i always hate when im sitting in traffic, and the guy next to me backs up so he can get in a turning lane, and i push the brake harder cause i think im rolling into the intersection

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
I did the stupid mistake of answering my cell while changing my trans fluid last week. So being that i was distracted, I put tube in the filler hole (from the pump i was using), gave it a few pumps and found myslef being bukake'd from some good tasting Mercon III cause i forgot to put the drain plug back in :dw:

and the phone call was just an ex wanting to bitch me out some more.....since then, I havnt answered her calls. Cause im afraid of what else will happen as a result :whine:

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I put on my intake manifold, checked all the vacuum lines, and started her up. It idled down then died with a squeak. I thought I hurt something, but I had just forgot to plug in another line...

GreySVTSnake01

Established Member
I put on my intake manifold, checked all the vacuum lines, and started her up. It idled down then died with a squeak. I thought I hurt something, but I had just forgot to plug in another line...

Are you sure you didn't blow your intake manifold welds?

nos.jpg

Mr.Soup

complete modular newb
Established Member
Glad to see I'm not the only one that makes stupid mistakes when it comes to my car. Funny thing is the only reason I got on it a little bit is my douchebag neighbor with his 80s "iroc" camaro was following me. the assbag has 3 of them, all of them in primer to some degree and he and his buddys always give me the stink eye when I drive by. Guy has 3 camaros, an eclipse up on jackstands and an old chevy van all rusted out all in a one car driveway with a carport.........

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
i thought i had something wrong with my mountaineer a couple weeks ago. i kept hearing and feeling a loud clunk everytime i hit the gas from a stop. I looked under neath later that day and there was a block of ice that formed on my e-brake cable that was sliding back and forth hitting the frame. I thought i was screwed too

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
This happend to me in my F-150, I thought i was screwed i would be driving down the road and hearing a clunking everytime I would hit the smallest of bumps. Turns out it was a punk ass skateboarder. Whew for a second there i thought i was screwed.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Are you sure you didn't blow your intake manifold welds?

nos.jpg

Lol nah, had a stupid vacuum line I forgot to hook up..

Another time, I was about to sell my car because I SWORE I had blown a head gasket. The coolant level was low, and it was occasionally blowing white smoke. After about a week of freaking out and weighing my options, I remembers that I had just did some work with my coolant system and had a bubble. It was low on coolant because of the air bubble in the system. Added some coolant, and I was good to go! Glad I didn't sell it, hell now I'm putting a nitrous kit on the damn thing haha

I guess we've all done something stupid with our cars, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread