Those with KB's

skyhighsd

Established Member
Is there anybody running a Auxiliary Idler with there kb just wondering if there is any need for one ?
Thanks

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Dont do it get a Stiegemeier Ported Blower (stage-4), 75 shot nitrous & drag radials trust me.

colin450

Established Member
Dont do it get a Stiegemeier Ported Blower (stage-4), 75 shot nitrous & drag radials trust me.

dont get mad gt500r just because terminators are faster than gt500's. It is what it is thats why i bought a Mach1. A Mach on 125 shot runs 11.8-9.0, and a Pulled,tuned & jlt intake gt500 runs 11.93. Trust me i know the guy who runs on the NMRA sircuit & he is #9 in the country, they only run 11.6-9.0 with 530-540whp. Man that would suck to have a 5.4 with a bigger blower and still get beat by 4.6 terminators with a smaller blower

I wouldn't take any advice from someone who makes a post that rediculous.

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member

OH ok, did you read the post? I was not asking about the SC I was asking if they are running a aux pulley with it

Colin I would have to agree with you:thumbsup:

colin450

Established Member
I took these pictures at a show over the summer. It looks like one has an idler and one doesn't so maybe it can go either way. I'm not a KB expert but I'm sure someone who has one and knows for sure will chime in.
DSC00226.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

manOwar

Established Member
I only get belt slippage on deceleration after I rev it. Never while pulling. I bought an idler but it never showed up... I will put one on soon.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
I guess he shouldnt take advice from me, what are you smoke'n. You have a really nice car but there are hundreds of people that have cars that are better than yours. I dont want or ever want a GT500, but a buddy of mine has one with a kenne bell stage3. he runs good, but he even told me he wishes he would have went with a ported blower and spray.

manOwar

Established Member
I guess he shouldnt take advice from me, what are you smoke'n. You have a really nice car but there are hundreds of people that have cars that are better than yours. I dont want or ever want a GT500, but a buddy of mine has one with a kenne bell stage3. he runs good, but he even told me he wishes he would have went with a ported blower and spray.

Easy WeeZee!!:dw::p

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

gt500 cant run faster than an 03?:lol1:

how bout 12.3 stock
or 11.86 with just tires?
maybe 11.63 with tires and 4.10's? that is still on the stock tune or around 440rwhp!!!!:beer:

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490622

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Their badd ass cars dont get me wrong. I just do not have any desire to pay $50k+ for a mustang of any kind "saleen,roush,shelby,ronahlee" i know i cant spell the last one. My buddy just stated the comment not me. these arent my forums i have a mach1 but im curious about your motor. I would like to purchase just shelby gt500 motor & transmission someday. If you have a shelby more power to you, you pay for what you get so maybe it is worth the $50k+

skyhighsd

Established Member
WeeZee- Thanks for your input, but I have a kb already I was asking about Aux pulley. As for spray I am most likely going to add it down the road anyways. Not everyone paid over 50k for there car!

Manowar- Thanks for the info I knew someone with a kb would answer about this :thumbsup:

GT500R

Established Member
I wouldn't take any advice from someone who makes a post that ridiculous.

exactly . . .

then again, I wouldn't take any advice from someone with a Mach 1 with that mod list that can't even hit 12's . . . . (ive seen less modded, almost bone stock hit 12's. . . .)

skyhighsd, have any vids of your car ?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

there is hundreds with better than your too ........

anytime you and your boys want to see how a pullied /cai/gear

GT500 runs just look for me a Milan dragway or let me know what day I need
to show at 131 , I have a Mach also I can bring !!!!!

you cant be far from the track

JEFF

Last edited by a moderator:

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i believe justin @ vmp did a article on belt slippage and there wasn't much diff. to justify it. you might beable to find it on his site or search on modularfords and teamshelby.com

i for one don't run one and agree with manowar that i only get slippage on decel.

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
Nothing like asking for info and having a shit storm start in your thread! LOL!

I have a Steeda aux idler that is adj. w/set screw for sale as it wont fit with the new 3.4 Whipple.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I took these pictures at a show over the summer. It looks like one has an idler and one doesn't so maybe it can go either way. I'm not a KB expert but I'm sure someone who has one and knows for sure will chime in.
DSC00226.jpg

Who sells the blower idler kit shown in the above quote, and what brand is it?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread