Those with 99/01 tail lights...

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
I actually don't really like orange in tail lights on any cars. I think Ford made the right move on making the 03-04 Cobra tails all red again. Even on 96-97 Taurus' the likes were red and orange, then in 98-99 they were all red....looked much better.

BUT...it is your car and everybody has their own tastes. Good luck with the install.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I actually don't really like orange in tail lights on any cars. I think Ford made the right move on making the 03-04 Cobra tails all red again. Even on 96-97 Taurus' the likes were red and orange, then in 98-99 they were all red....looked much better.

BUT...it is your car and everybody has their own tastes. Good luck with the install.

Well, your opinion is one thing, but the demand for these lights are there. They're selling for $400.00-$500.00 used; that should say something. :beer:

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Well, your opinion is one thing, but the demand for these lights are there. They're selling for $400.00-$500.00 used; that should say something. :beer:

I don't doubt they are worth that. I am in the salvage yard business. I know how much stuff is worth. I sell stuff for double or triple what people sell stuff for on Ebay and Craigslist. When body shops or insurance companies are involved, they go by list prices at the dealer, so used stuff is worth quite a bit.

jrandy

Established Member
_MG_5019.gif

IMG_0527.gif

Amber tails FTW

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Ive had ambers since about 2 months after I got my car (almost 3 years ago) BUT, I have still yet to wire em.. the yellow doesnt flash like its supposed to. haha:D

racebronco2

Established Member
Ive had ambers since about 2 months after I got my car (almost 3 years ago) BUT, I have still yet to wire em.. the yellow doesnt flash like its supposed to. haha:D

That's because you need to add another bulb to reduce the current. Mine flash just like my stock ones did.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Finally got it done this past weekend! It was a pretty easy install although it took a few hours. I followed the instructions posted by DOHC Holliday - good write-up!

Here's a few pics. I love 'em. Great mod. And I got these suckers with harnesses for $250 shipped.

IMG_6154.gif

IMG_6156.gif

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
Amber turn signals are required by Law in OZ so mine had them installed as part of the RHD conversion. That's also why I have orange turn signals in the front guards...

Rear-RoofDown.jpg

If the price of them is going up that much over there, perhaps you could get some from Oz if you really wanted them. Either try Ford Oz to see what they sell them for brand new (remember they imported and sold the 01 as an 02), or you could get on to the guy who does the conversions - Craig Dean at Mustang Motorsport (or Crossover Conversions). You can check out the RHD Ford GT while you're there...

Because A$1 = US$0.70 at the moment, you might snag a bargain.

Just a thought.

Oz

Users who are viewing this thread