Those Germans can build a car

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
My wife deserved a toy so we went out Saturday and got her an MB E350 Convertible. I'd have much rather gone with the 550 but price, dealer availability and her requirements said otherwise.

I expected to be completely underwhelmed. In fact, I didn't bother to be part of the test drive. Her car, her decision. When they got back from the drive she was glowing - loved the thing.

We were able to make a what I thought was a pretty good deal so it happened. Happy wife, happy life. :rolling:

For the past two days I've been driving this thing whenever I've had the chance. I'm amazed at how much those Krauts have been able to wring out of this V-6. Forget about the build quality and amenities which, as expected, are top-notch. I'm amazed at the top-end jump this thing has and how great the Windcap and Windscarf features work with the top down. I love this car!

I must be getting old...

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I love MB's and plan to have one in my stable next to my Mustang until I can't drive anymore. Top-notch build quality. My 12 year old E55 has surprised many "Performance" cars. The look on the old guy's face when I smoked his C5 Vette was priceless. :) And their six cylinders aren't bad either.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
I used to have a 2005 Audi S4, my dad has a '13 E350, and yes, the germans know all the right ways to do everything. You really pay a premium for the german vehicles for a reason.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The Brits did a pretty good job with the Aston!

The New Aston Martin Vanquish

A V-12 that sings and an interior almost unmatched in quality.
My wife knocked some sense into me when I was ready to throw 60K at one here in Oman. But the cost to covert to US specs made it unrealistic.

My little BMW 135 is a hoot.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I love MB's cause they pay for my Mustang. If the Germans would just get with the Japanese to do their electronics, they would really have top tier autos. Reliability in MB and BMW just isn't where it should be in 2013. It's good enough for 1998, but the rest of the world has passed them by in this regard. With every car company going 100k on drivetrains with no problems(except Land Rover) electronics will be the downfall of a car.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I love MB's cause they pay for my Mustang. If the Germans would just get with the Japanese to do their electronics, they would really have top tier autos. Reliability in MB and BMW just isn't where it should be in 2013. It's good enough for 1998, but the rest of the world has passed them by in this regard. With every car company going 100k on drivetrains with no problems(except Land Rover) electronics will be the downfall of a car.

Top five most reliable and least reliable cars | This is Money

LOL, How many of the top reliable cars would you want? HAHAHA, not sure most of SVTP'ers could fit in the other 4.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I used to have a 2005 Audi S4, my dad has a '13 E350, and yes, the germans know all the right ways to do everything. You really pay a premium for the german vehicles for a reason.

...... And parts, and maintenance. When they go wrong they can eviscerate your wallet in a nano-second:nonono:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on buying your wife a fine automobile. Sounds like she is very happy, and that's important. Gotta love a (new) MB! :)

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Even Top Gear UK and Jeremy Clarkson bash the build quality of Kraut Cruisers.

Never_Enough

Established Member

They know the right things except for when it comes to cost of maintaining these cars. I loved my 335 &, thankfully, it was reliable.

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Hmmm, but the slower e350 does? How does the 350 compare to the s600?

modded the c63 is hitting 10.8 vs the 11.5 runs for the s600.

No worries, have fun with the 350:beer:

My S600 wasn't stock. I'm also not into small cars. The S would do it's thing with four people in amazing comfort.

Also, the E350 is my wife's choice and her car - I gave very little input. Having said this it's a fair bit quicker than I expected. Not off the line but at higher speeds.

Another thing - the S600 was an expensive problem waiting to happen. I was almost terrified of breakage every time I nailed the throttle. It just seemed fragile and, with no warranty, not something I wanted to live with much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread