bacon bouquet:
tumblr_kzswzehxoj1qzvnxpo1_500.jpg

The Bacon Mug
tumblr_kyyr16NV9g1qzvnxpo1_500.jpg

The Jabili
tumblr_l442pdAzFQ1qc5kdko1_500.jpg

Meat Split
MEAT-SPLIT-1024x685.jpg

see the calorie packed rest: This Is Why You're Fat | Where dreams become heart attacks.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I had something a few weeks ago that would qualify for that website (in fact, I just submitted it to see if it gets posted).

I found this at a local cajun deli here in Austin. It's called the Boudylicious. It's a boudain poboy, topped in fried crawfish tails, then smothered in crawfish etouffee. I was in cajun heaven.... then I spent an hour on the toilet. It was worth it though.

36205_137380059622201_100000506225344_328844_4395229_n.jpg

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
I had something a few weeks ago that would qualify for that website (in fact, I just submitted it to see if it gets posted).

I found this at a local cajun deli here in Austin. It's called the Boudylicious. It's a boudain poboy, topped in fried crawfish tails, then smothered in crawfish etouffee. I was in cajun heaven.... then I spent an hour on the toilet. It was worth it though.

Name of the Deli? I have to have that

tj04cobra

Established Member

That looks pretty damn good. Actually it sounds better than it looks lol. I bet it tasted pretty damn good too.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

For those who don't know what crawfish etouffee is, read on. I actually sounds pretty tasty. From Wikipedia.
The base of an étouffée is either a dark brown-red roux, a blonde roux (a roux that isn't browned as much) or simply onions cooked down in butter. Like many Louisiana dishes, onions, green peppers and celery (a combination often referred to as the holy trinity) form the base of an étouffée. It is usually seasoned with cayenne pepper, white pepper, garlic, and salt and has a thicker consistency than gumbo. A crawfish étouffée, if made with a roux, usually has a reddish color: this is sometimes mistakenly attributed to crawfish fat (an important ingredient). Crawfish fat is bright yellow, and will not color the dish red: the red color comes from the dark brown-red roux. Seasonings the crawfish were boiled in could also give the dish a red tint. There is typically no tomato in this dish. However, in some areas it has become popular to add tomatoes or tomato paste to the dish. In many parts of the country, outside of Louisiana, people make étouffée with cream; however, cream is never part of a Louisiana étouffée.

And man, some of the dishes in the first post are beyond stomach wrenching! :xpl:

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
Did not see most all the pictures beacuse work blocks them. I think i feel sick to my stomach just beacuse of reading some of the descriptions.

floyd4ford

Ford guy
Established Member

OMG that looks sp good!

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
For those who don't know what crawfish etouffee is, read on. I actually sounds pretty tasty. From Wikipedia.
The base of an étouffée is either a dark brown-red roux, a blonde roux (a roux that isn't browned as much) or simply onions cooked down in butter. Like many Louisiana dishes, onions, green peppers and celery (a combination often referred to as the holy trinity) form the base of an étouffée. It is usually seasoned with cayenne pepper, white pepper, garlic, and salt and has a thicker consistency than gumbo. A crawfish étouffée, if made with a roux, usually has a reddish color: this is sometimes mistakenly attributed to crawfish fat (an important ingredient). Crawfish fat is bright yellow, and will not color the dish red: the red color comes from the dark brown-red roux. Seasonings the crawfish were boiled in could also give the dish a red tint. There is typically no tomato in this dish. However, in some areas it has become popular to add tomatoes or tomato paste to the dish. In many parts of the country, outside of Louisiana, people make étouffée with cream; however, cream is never part of a Louisiana étouffée.

And man, some of the dishes in the first post are beyond stomach wrenching! :xpl:

WTF you didnt know what étouffée is? How bout jambalaya, boudan, gumbo?

Users who are viewing this thread