This is Why You're Fat.

silverstang23

Established Member
I had something a few weeks ago that would qualify for that website (in fact, I just submitted it to see if it gets posted).

I found this at a local cajun deli here in Austin. It's called the Boudylicious. It's a boudain poboy, topped in fried crawfish tails, then smothered in crawfish etouffee. I was in cajun heaven.... then I spent an hour on the toilet. It was worth it though.

36205_137380059622201_100000506225344_328844_4395229_n.jpg

That looks really good. Now i'm hungry

Jacqueline Star

Established Member
I stopped eating bacon because I read that it increases your chances of getting cancer; same goes for any smoked foods or deli meats containing sodium nitrate. I really miss bacon and eggs but I'm phobic so I don't eat it anymore.

Ironhand

Banned
I stopped eating bacon because I read that it increases your chances of getting cancer; same goes for any smoked foods or deli meats containing sodium nitrate. I really miss bacon and eggs but I'm phobic so I don't eat it anymore.

Well then. In that case you cant be with a female because that causes stress and stress increases your blood pressure and that can lead to an early heart attack. Dont go outside during day light hours because pro-longed periods of sun exposure can lead to skin cancer... I can go on all day like this..

You see what I did there?

chrisheltra

Established Member

We were all born to die so you might as well enjoy yourself.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Well then. In that case you cant be with a female because that causes stress and stress increases your blood pressure and that can lead to an early heart attack. Dont go outside during day light hours because pro-longed periods of sun exposure can lead to skin cancer... I can go on all day like this..

You see what I did there?

Yeah you just called her a lesbian. :D

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
For those who don't know what crawfish etouffee is, read on. I actually sounds pretty tasty. From Wikipedia.
The base of an étouffée is either a dark brown-red roux, a blonde roux (a roux that isn't browned as much) or simply onions cooked down in butter. Like many Louisiana dishes, onions, green peppers and celery (a combination often referred to as the holy trinity) form the base of an étouffée. It is usually seasoned with cayenne pepper, white pepper, garlic, and salt and has a thicker consistency than gumbo. A crawfish étouffée, if made with a roux, usually has a reddish color: this is sometimes mistakenly attributed to crawfish fat (an important ingredient). Crawfish fat is bright yellow, and will not color the dish red: the red color comes from the dark brown-red roux. Seasonings the crawfish were boiled in could also give the dish a red tint. There is typically no tomato in this dish. However, in some areas it has become popular to add tomatoes or tomato paste to the dish. In many parts of the country, outside of Louisiana, people make étouffée with cream; however, cream is never part of a Louisiana étouffée.

And man, some of the dishes in the first post are beyond stomach wrenching! :xpl:

we eat crawfish etouffee here all the time. Absolutely love it. A local seafood restaurant has the absolute best ive ever eaten in my life. Ive tried plenty of different ones and noone tops theirs. Crawfish etouffee is delicious. Ive never really had a bad batch of it

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
we eat crawfish etouffee here all the time. Absolutely love it. A local seafood restaurant has the absolute best ive ever eaten in my life. Ive tried plenty of different ones and noone tops theirs. Crawfish etouffee is delicious. Ive never really had a bad batch of it

which place? I've had it from a lot of places and I've got a few favorite places.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Name of the Deli? I have to have that

Little hole in the wall called Sambet's Cajun Deli.

To tell you the truth, the crawfish etouffee wasn't the best I've ever had but it was still pretty good. My wife makes excellent etouffee so I'm going to try making this at home and see if I can perfect it.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I am heading to Go Crazy Buffet here in Tampa right now! MMMM I wonder what baconey delights they will have?

Users who are viewing this thread