This is What Happens When you Race at MIR

poof100

Established Member
I wish you would have caught the whole run!!! LOL That was my 8.97 pass. Sorry about your rear bud! We both had those issues! :beer:

Sorry Sean, wish we got the video of your pass as well, but we were getting dirty looks from Royce to get the car off the line with it puking fluid everywhere lol. I think I'm in Jason's doghouse now! haha. I saw your pass where your rear let go as well, tough day, but Congrats on the 8 second pass! :rockon:

at least that shit broke at launch, and not down the track... then would need to call you an import guy.....

Yeah, maybe I should just get a 72 Datsun with a Rotary and bomb on down MIR!

I'd build and keep the 8.8, less weight

Yeah and it takes less power to turn the 8.8 than the 9". I just worry about the ring gear as the weak link in the 8.8 as the gear options aren't as great as the 9" and aren't as strong.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Breaking always sucks, even when you expect it. Trust me, I feel your pain.

My stock Torsen held up better than the stock rods. :bored: I'm only launching at 1500rpm though. I guess I know what's gonna break next.

poof100

Established Member
Breaking always sucks, even when you expect it. Trust me, I feel your pain.

My stock Torsen held up better than the stock rods. :bored: I'm only launching at 1500rpm though. I guess I know what's gonna break next.

Uh oh. Did the stock motor let go at the Texas mile? Sorry to hear if it did :uh oh:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Uh oh. Did the stock motor let go at the Texas mile? Sorry to hear if it did :uh oh:

The transmission let go at the mile. The following week I managed to window the block at the drag strip. :banana: I posted a vid in the pics/vid forum.

poof100

Established Member
The transmission let go at the mile. The following week I managed to window the block at the drag strip. :banana: I posted a vid in the pics/vid forum.

Damn, sorry to hear, was hoping to see another 200+ run at the Mile. Really sorry to hear about the block, no fun at all. How did the Pistons look out of curiosity?

I'll go check out the video forum. Haven't been on here that much over the past 2 weeks with WCF Import vs Domestic 2 weeks ago and then Ford Fever last weekend. Now it's hibernation time and getting ready for the next phase of mods in prep for the Race season. :beer:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Damn, sorry to hear, was hoping to see another 200+ run at the Mile. Really sorry to hear about the block, no fun at all. How did the Pistons look out of curiosity?

I'll go check out the video forum. Haven't been on here that much over the past 2 weeks with WCF Import vs Domestic 2 weeks ago and then Ford Fever last weekend. Now it's hibernation time and getting ready for the next phase of mods in prep for the Race season. :beer:

I've been expecting the motor to go for a while now, so I'm not surprised. I kinda cranked up the boost to 21psi on that run. Lol

On a good note, 6 pistons looked perfect. :rockon:

Good luck on the new rear. What trans are you going with?

poof100

Established Member
I've been expecting the motor to go for a while now, so I'm not surprised. I kinda cranked up the boost to 21psi on that run. Lol

On a good note, 6 pistons looked perfect. :rockon:

Good luck on the new rear. What trans are you going with?

Just saw your thread over there, that's some block carnage! We know the limits of the stock Boss block now! We have kept mine to 14psi and lower, which is around 880rwhp through the stick on a Dyno dynamics dyno on E85. Yours was making big power, especially with the extra power/fuel needed to turn that big 3.6. Impressive! I kind of figured the Rods are the weak link in the Boss motor, seems like the pistons held up pretty well.

Most likely going with a fully built 4r70w with a non lockup converter, 1 piece billet input shaft and transbrake, the whole 9 yards etc. Could still change for a Glide, but probably will stick with the 4r70 and see how it works with the Turbo.

Good luck with your new motor, looking forward to what the 3.6 will do! My built motor will get started in the next few weeks with some RGR magic! :rockon:

9Sec03Cobra

Established Member
Sorry Sean, wish we got the video of your pass as well, but we were getting dirty looks from Royce to get the car off the line with it puking fluid everywhere lol. I think I'm in Jason's doghouse now! haha. I saw your pass where your rear let go as well, tough day, but Congrats on the 8 second pass! :rockon:

Thanks and all good brother just messing with you. We will get them all sorted out soon enough!

331coupe

Established Member

Yeah, maybe I should just get a 72 Datsun with a Rotary and bomb on down MIR!

Yeah and it takes less power to turn the 8.8 than the 9". I just worry about the ring gear as the weak link in the 8.8 as the gear options aren't as great as the 9" and aren't as strong.
Don't worry about it as long as you get a good ring gear, motive gear, richmond, etc...I've been 1.18 60' with an 8.8

Users who are viewing this thread