Thinking of plastidipin the car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That blue color does look nice, but I'm not a fan of the matte/flat look. Looks too much like a primer.

How long does Plasti-Dip last on the street? Does it chip a lot easier than regular paint?

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
How long does Plasti-Dip last on the street? Does it chip a lot easier than regular paint?

+1

And as much as I'm not a fan of this stuff...that color looks really good. I seem to really like matte blue for some reason. I guess as long as its done right then you can pull it off. But I hate flat black wheels and black wheels in general for that matter. The car in the video would look much better with silver wheels against that color.

coposrv

Established Member
If anything go with a wrap. 3m, oracle, good quality and take your time. You can do it yourself if you have patience. Not nearly as cheap as plasti dip but worth it.

SBVERT03

Established Member
That blue is awesome! I know the stuff peels right off, but I still don't know if I could ever do it to my car. Something about it just freaks me out. Lol.

95riosnake

Established Member
I like the matte blue color, but I don't like the texture. The whole car looks like a Ford Racing cam cover. If you want to do it, don't let anyone here stop you, it's not the end of the world if you end up not liking it.

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but that's just me.

On a side note, I know this stuff is supposed to peel off smooth surfaces, but does it get stuck in scratches, chips, etc? Every time I see someone saying it peels right off, I keep thinking there must be some places it won't let go.

+1
I rattle canned mine with PlastiDip cause I wasn't sure if I would like the strips. Its not perfect but not bad. Hard to lay it on the horizontal surface when the can gets low. Very little prep, just cleaned the paint with quick detailer. Hardest part was getting the lines straight.

That blue looks good. It might take more of it to cover the black paint. I know the red I did on mine took alot to cover the black. May have been cause I couldn't let it dry so the tape would peel off without pulling the dip.
DSCN1035.jpg

Any more pics of your car? Looks mean with that wheel/tire setup :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread