Thinking of getting rid of the SRT8

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you also drive a MS6? I don't think I could ever pick a Fiat over it.

Couldnt find one with decent mileage to even test drive. Been in 2 that a friend owned, one being stock the other lightly modded and they seem on par with a WRX or Evo. Wish Mazda would step back up to the plate and bring the Mazdaspeeds back up front where they belong.

I havent even seen anything on a new MS3? Anyone have any info? It would be nice if they topped the last version.

The Fiat, while small is a hoot to drive. For something that you can bomb around town, park anywhere and get 35mpg, it is a great little car. The back seat is non-existant. No way in hell are you getting someone in there with legs.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I'll take my Miata for small car I can park anywhere & get nice mpg. ;)
I think a new MS3 is coming for 2016, but not 100% sure. If they put out a new MS6 & kept it AWD or went RWD with a V8 or turbo & 400+ HP I'd be interested.

Couldnt find one with decent mileage to even test drive. Been in 2 that a friend owned, one being stock the other lightly modded and they seem on par with a WRX or Evo. Wish Mazda would step back up to the plate and bring the Mazdaspeeds back up front where they belong.

I havent even seen anything on a new MS3? Anyone have any info? It would be nice if they topped the last version.

The Fiat, while small is a hoot to drive. For something that you can bomb around town, park anywhere and get 35mpg, it is a great little car. The back seat is non-existant. No way in hell are you getting someone in there with legs.

nxhappy

Established Member
you're talking about going from a srt8, an awd, grumbly v8 force to be reckoned with

to a golf, a car that high school kids idolize, aren't good for much aside from getting guys to hit on you, or apparently putting ski racks on when you live nowhere near snow

blasphemy

lmfao

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
you're talking about going from a srt8, an awd, grumbly v8 force to be reckoned with

to a golf, a car that high school kids idolize, aren't good for much aside from getting guys to hit on you, or apparently putting ski racks on when you live nowhere near snow

lolz whats with that fad?

And whats worse, is that fad is usually also seconded with the car being herrafrushed out or stupid low on stretched tire, like "yeah, thats great for handling snow too".

GTtoSVT

Established Member
Sometimes I miss my SRT-8 GC but I know your gas woes with it. Love my GT and FiST combo now. I do recommend either a focus or fiesta ST as a fun DD!

newbie1276

Established Member
Don't do it !!!!!!
I went from this IMAG0774.jpg
to this 3054.jpg
It was a mistake. :bash:
yes the gas mileage is double. but it cant get out of its own.
it is very comfortable for long rides and you cant beat the adjustable air ride for ride quality.
however I am saving my pennies and when the release a hellcat version jeep this one is history. :pepper:

smitty2919

Established Member
Probably because I speak from experience. I've done it twice now. Sold my C6 Z06 for a 2008 GT/CS, eventually went back to another C6 coupe and sold it for a GTI. In both cases I ended up spending more simply because I wasn't satisfied.

In both situations my primary motivation was to save a bit of money each month. While I initially succeeded in doing that, I didn't have the discipline at the time to actually make that savings work for me. I just went out to eat more, purchased more car parts, bought more booze etc.

Then I'd end up trading the lesser vehicle off at a significant loss to get back to something that I felt was worth the cost to begin with. If I had to take a guess between interest costs, losses from depreciation, plus downpayments, that I had lost probably 40-50K between 2008 and 2014 when I finally said enough was enough. The kicker. Had a just stuck it out with my C6 Z, I'd still have this in my garage and it would be paid off.

IMG_1856.jpg

Oh my....I know you said you regret it, but WTH man...never should have dumped a blue C6Z LOL

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Oh my....I know you said you regret it, but WTH man...never should have dumped a blue C6Z LOL

Its always clearer after you have made the mistake. It is very easy to get bored with something and jump to something else then regret it.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
You'll miss the Jeep, I know I do at times, so make sure whatever you replace it with you truly like. I put some money in my pocket, added 200+ hp, increased gas mileage, and got into something even more unique (lower production numbers anyway) than the Jeep and I still miss it. And while I've enjoyed my supercharged Magnum SRT8 it's now time to move on from that as well (currently for sale). Really want to get into a CTS-V wagon but the wife and I just signed a contract on a new house and I have plans to build a detached garage which is going to preclude a Vagon purchse for a while. None the less, good luck with your decision. The SRT Jeeps are a very unique kind of fun and outside of gas mileage I had very little to complain about on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread