Thinking about selling my cobra. How much?

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
I've been thinking of putting my car on the market in Jan-Feb. Haven't followed the market in awhile. Just wanted input from the members. Thanks.

2003 DSG Coupe/grey suede
Very clean in and out, 40k miles, 3.4 whipple with 4in pulley, crower stage 2 cams and springs, factory engine no issues, bassani headers and full exhaust, upgraded fuel setup with ford gt pumps, fuel line, fore fuel rails, 75 lb injectors, ram 900 clutch, upgraded input shaft, fore flywheel, sct multi-chip with 3 tunes, smoked headlights, black powdercoated valve covers, rear diff brace, cobra wheels with black inserts and 10.5 rear wheels, tires are very good, 315/17 on rear, rockford bd1000 with two rockford 10's, 1 farad cap. Car runs very strong. This is my weekend toy, not beat on,does have some nice kills like zo6's, zl1's, sport bikes 600-750 cc. Car makes 640 on dyno on pump gas. Thats all I can think of for now.

Thoughts? Price range?

testorossa1989

Established Member
I've been thinking of putting my car on the market in Jan-Feb. Haven't followed the market in awhile. Just wanted input from the members. Thanks.

2003 DSG Coupe/grey suede
Very clean in and out, 40k miles, 3.4 whipple with 4in pulley, crower stage 2 cams and springs, factory engine no issues, bassani headers and full exhaust, upgraded fuel setup with ford gt pumps, fuel line, fore fuel rails, 75 lb injectors, ram 900 clutch, upgraded input shaft, fore flywheel, sct multi-chip with 3 tunes, smoked headlights, black powdercoated valve covers, rear diff brace, cobra wheels with black inserts and 10.5 rear wheels, tires are very good, 315/17 on rear, rockford bd1000 with two rockford 10's, 1 farad cap. Car runs very strong. This is my weekend toy, not beat on,does have some nice kills like zo6's, zl1's, sport bikes 600-750 cc. Car makes 640 on dyno on pump gas. Thats all I can think of for now.

Thoughts? Price range?

21-23k

subobo0411

Established Member
I just bought my black '03 with 40k miles and paid $18k and considered that a really good deal. Car was mostly stock, with a catback and intake only. I looked for months before I pulled the trigger on mine.. Pics would help but with your mods I'd say you should be able to get about $22-$23K. Of course it's December so I think you could probably do a little better in the Spring :)

Also, I could be wrong, but I don't know that a lot of us guys care about the big stereo system... said another way, I don't think you would get much extra for having it. I would pull that out and sell it separately to maximize your net sales price.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
This is likely the worst place to gauge real market value. You are far better off checking completed auctions on eBay as well as other classifieds to get comparable sales info. You will get seriously low balled here. Obviously you haven't posted pics so its hard to determine actual condition, but based on your description and mod list, I would be listing it closer to the high 20k - low 30k range. If you want a quick sale then the range listed in the previous replies will get it moved in short order.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
This is likely the worst place to gauge real market value. You are far better off checking completed auctions on eBay as well as other classifieds to get comparable sales info. You will get seriously low balled here. Obviously you haven't posted pics so its hard to determine actual condition, but based on your description and mod list, I would be listing it closer to the high 20k - low 30k range. If you want a quick sale then the range listed in the previous replies will get it moved in short order.
Low 30's for a 40k mile Cobra? Please tell me you're joking.

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
image_zpsadc8ee34.jpg

DSCN1158-1.jpg

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
I love the car, but don't think it brings close to 30 with the mileage. Maybe under 20k miles. I was thinking mid 20's price but haven't decided yet. Thanks for the advice on ebay and classifieds. I totally forgot about those. As for the stereo I don't actually consider that any extra value, just a bonus for the buyer cause I don't care to pull it out.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
26k asking price. Everybody wants to deal these days so you better be ready to take 15% under ask. Best way to sell a Terminator or any car where you need the buyer to know what it is and be specifically looking for one, is eBay. I know everyone says it's a hassle, but if you want the most eyes on your car - that's the place.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
So are the prices rising for Cobra's? That would be great if he got mid 20's, what are stock cars with that mileage bringing?

oldmodman

Established Member
No matter what price you decide on DO NOT PUT "OBO" in the ad.

You will get a constant string of super lowball assholes wasting your time.

And make sure that NO TRADES is right up top where it can't be missed.

And last but not least create an e-mail account just for that sale. Don't put any phone number in your ad or your phone will be loaded day and night with jerk off texts.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Low 30's for a 40k mile Cobra? Please tell me you're joking.

Yeah, I wasn't meaning "into" the 30's, I just meant close to 30k with the right buyer. I would say realistically it could sell in the $25k-$28k range mostly because of the mileage, even though that isn't particularly high for a 10 year old car.

The really sad thing is that the OP could easily get $30k or more combined return if he was willing to de-mod it and sell it stock, plus all of the go-fast goodies separately.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree that if the car is in great shape overall (and no issues) then with 40K on the ticker it could sell in the $25K-$26K area. Maybe more with the right person.

Users who are viewing this thread