Thinking about getting a Z06.

Zemedici

Established Member
Never_Enough on point with his Vette knowledge. Hahaha

My boss got his 09 Z with a full build by Ragin Racin out in Louisiana for less than 40k, and his car has something like 25-30k miles. 600whp

Never_Enough

Established Member
If anyone wants to make me a real good offer on mine, it would make the decision to sell easier so feel free LOL

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
damn great replys with a lot of info, for those of you that have owned one or driven one how is the stick feel in the Z? On my 99 cobra ( last manual car i owned) the stick was very clunky feeling and hard to shift, impossable for me to powershift the damn thing.

Never_Enough

Established Member
damn great replys with a lot of info, for those of you that have owned one or driven one how is the stick feel in the Z? On my 99 cobra ( last manual car i owned) the stick was very clunky feeling and hard to shift, impossable for me to powershift the damn thing.

I have no complaints w/the Stock shifter other than the throws are longer than they should be on this kind of car. I replaced it with an MGW FTW!

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen

I have no complaints w/the Stock shifter other than the throws are longer than they should be on this kind of car. I replaced it with an MGW FTW!

^What he said.

Also, besides the horrible seats, the only real complaint I had about my Z was the fairly common sinking clutch pedal. It will sometimes stay on the floor after a shift so I got used to picking it back up with my toes. A good fix is to install the Tick Adjustable Master Cylinder and keep the fluid nice and fresh with constant changes.

08mojo

Established Member

The stock shifter is light years ahead of what came in the sn95 mustangs. A lot of people change them out, but if you're like me coming from the fox body/sn95, the stock shifter in the z06 is just plain awesome. The t56 in my '03 cobra was a bitch. Even with the aftermarket shifter, it was hard to hit a good 2-3 shift. I don't know if that's a t-56 issue or what, because it doesn't get any better than a direct mount shifter like the cobra had, but it is far easier to nail every shift in my z with the tr-6060.

Rct851

Established Member
As soon as I convince myself I want nothing to do with a 7-8 year old car with no warranty and possible head issues a thread like this comes up and all the undeniable badass traits creep back in my mind. Damn car forum

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
OP, aim a little higher and you can get a ZR1. Check auto trader, some are in the mid 50's!!!!
White ZR1... 11k miles... :rockon:

CGLhawk260

Established Member
I agree with 08mojo the Z06 has a great 6 speed transmission. The 03 Cobra had a hard clutch and was difficult to shift. If you can pick up a low mileage non moddified late year Z06 with an extended warranty you will be all set.

Users who are viewing this thread